December First: Day One

Hello People
How are you doing?
A very Happy December to you. 
How has your week been?
For those of us in Nigeria, it is a public holiday so yippee!

It is officially December First.
Welcome to the first day of our week long conversation.
I am writing this post with so much excitement and anticipation.
Excitement because I think it will be my first time blogging daily for a specified period and it also means that I am much closer to achieving my 52 post goal.
Anticipation because I have 3 fears.
What will I write everyday?
Will people actually read these posts?
Will I be consistent enough to achieve this goal?
With all these fears exposed, I have decided to take it one day at a time.

So now, let us start today's post.
Is it just me or there is something oldishly new about December that I can not fully describe.
Old in terms of December being the last month of the year, goals and plans have not changed.
New in terms of Advent, Christmas decorations, change in weather, more fun activities, making plans for the new year and all.
Oh well, maybe I am just the only one that feels that way.

You see, last year I actually planned to attend as many Christmas carols as I could. I even checked my secondary school's social media handle to know when their carol service would hold. I also checked my church calendar to confirm the dates too. On Christmas morning, I realised that I did not attend a single carol service in 2016. I can not even explain what happened. So please, again this year, I really want to attend as many carols as I can. If you know of any beautiful carols, in your church or anywhere, please let me know and I will try to attend. I must attend some carol services this year. I am already warming up by listening to them on YouTube.

You see, in the last few days, I have found myself talking to people about friends that have disappointed/hurt them.
Friendships not meeting personal expectations.
As someone who has suffered a few of those strokes recently myself, I fully understand how exactly we feel when our friends let us down.

Some of us derived some of our personal values from friendships so when we are disappointed, it really seems like we have been hit by a train that just won't stop moving.
A few days ago, I was in my meditation mood and I started to wonder.
Why do friendships just end?
Why do people sometimes never pay you back what  you have invested in the relationships?
Why will this friend that I am very loyal to just say this or do that or act like this?
Then I remembered Acts 13:2"As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Spirit said, Separate for me Barnabas and Saul, for the work to which I have called them." (Webster's Bible Translation. The underlined section is my emphasis.

Have you ever thought of you or that friend as "Paul and Barnabas"?
Maybe they acted up because the Holy Spirit wants you guys to separate.
Although I know that it really hurts when we are offended by the friends we trust and are loyal to, I believe that you do not have to hold any grudge.
Choose to look at it as something brighter.
Maybe it is just time for both of you to move on for greater things.
You never know.

If/when the hurt dissipates, both of you will be better people.
As you go into this weekend, please note that your worth is not derived from friendships.
So when the friendship ends, maybe it was for a season.
Loads of love, hugs and kisses as always,
Miss Onakz...

Comments