2017 Drum Rolls?!

Hello People
Compliments of the season.
May the love, joy and peace experienced in this season continue to be ours in Jesus name.
I woke up thinking, "Miss Onakz, you better write and publish your post today, if you want to achieve your blog goals this year without apologising or giving any excuses."
So that's truthfully what brought me here today.

A few Sundays ago, I sat in church and a thought just flew into my mind. The thought was "You haven't achieved any of your goals this year." While carrying out my personal life (stock) take, let me just share some of my breakdown:
- Physically, #Fitfam did not work. I even added weight sef. 
- Financially, let's just say #30Billion never reach my account. 
- Professionally, I also could have done somethings better. 
- As for the books I was supposed to read this year, I will allow you to be the judge of that by checking the right side of this blog to rate me appropriately. 

Just when my emotional gear was about to move from neutral to complaining, I just heard in my spirit "...but you did very well regarding your family. As for your finances, you can still buy lunch in a nice restaurant (so you'll know I am a real foodie). You have also learnt a lot on your job and your career has improved too. Best of all, you should still be able to complete your 52 posts in 2017." For these alone, I decided to shift gear fast to gratitude.

Ladies and gentlemen, if all your goals for 2017 was achieved, FANTASTIC. You'll start 2018 setting new and bigger goals. However, if your goals for 2017 were all not achieved, like me, you will add new goals to the outstanding ones for 2018. It just means we will have to work a lot harder. 

My new philosophy has became "The end of 2017 is not the end of my life. 2018 starts immediately 2017 ends so that I can continue to make goals, achieve goals and live a better life."

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;[a]
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
Lamentations 3: 22 -23 (English Standard Version)

My darling blogfam, whether the last day in 2017 or the first day in 2018, God's mercies are new and it is the reason to be grateful to God for all His goodness to you.
It is also another new reason to achieve all that you have purposed to. 
Have a wonderful weekend.
Filled with loads of hugs and kisses from my loving heart,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. “The end of 2017 is not the end of my life. 2018 starts immediately 2017 ends so that I can continue to make goals, achieve goals and live a better life." Definitely holding on to this as I go into 2018. Oh change “a better life” to “my best life”😉
    Wishing you a tremendous 2018!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thanks so much Bolanle.
      Wishing you a fantastic 2018 too.
      And we get to start the new year celebrating...xxx

      Delete
  2. An Awesome conclusion that moves not only you forward , but also others that read your blog. Thanks for sharing and guess what .....bring it on 2018, we overcome Auntie Nkechi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much Aunty. Reading your comment was like icing on a very wonderful cake.
      Yes o, we have already overcome in 2018.

      Delete

Post a Comment