December Fifth: Day Five

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was your Monday?
Great?
Were you reminded again of God's presence yesterday?
Are you still basking in it today?

We are already halfway in this our week long relationship and honestly, I should say thank you for keeping up. I check the statistics daily and I have been deeply touched.
Thank you for the comments too.

I lived in a country that the transport system was good and buses came on time.
If I got to the bus stop early, what I sometimes did as quite an impatient person was to walk to the next bus stop when I felt I had spent enough time waiting for the bus.
With that action, I have missed quite a number buses because just as I think I will make it on time to the next bus stop before the bus arrives, I will be on the road  right in the middle of the 2 bus stops when the bus will just drive by prolonging my waiting time. I think I have even almost cried on a number of occasions because just as I started walking to the next bus stop, the bus came and did not wait for me despite my running to try to get to it and the next bus was going to take longer to arrive.

What are you in so much a hurry to get?
Do you think God is too slow and you are about to help yourself?
Do you think your actions will save face because God has not showed up yet? 
Do you know that your hurry can lead to total forfeiture of your expectations?
Imagine you rushed to sign a business deal without checking the details because you were broke and the business ended up making a huge loss that you had to source for money to fund or almost got imprisoned because of that action or you compromised on your standards to get married because you were getting old and ended up having other issues in it.

"And some of the Hebrews crossed over the Jordan to the land of Gad and Gilead.
As for Saul, he was still in Gilgal, and all the people followed him trembling. Then he waited seven days, according to the time set by Samuel. But Samuel did not come to Gilgal; and the people were scattered from him. So Saul said, “Bring a burnt offering and peace offerings here to me.” And he offered the burnt offering. Now it happened, as soon as he had finished presenting the burnt offering, that Samuel came; and Saul went out to meet him, that he might greet him.
 And Samuel said, “What have you done?”
Saul said, “When I saw that the people were scattered from me, and that you did not come within the days appointed, and that the Philistines gathered together at Michmash, then I said, ‘The Philistines will now come down on me at Gilgal, and I have not made supplication to the Lord.’ Therefore I felt compelled, and offered a burnt offering.”
 And Samuel said to Saul, “You have done foolishly. You have not kept the commandment of the Lord your God, which He commanded you. For now the Lord would have established your kingdom over Israel forever. But now your kingdom shall not continue. The Lord has sought for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has commanded him to be commander over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you.”"
1 Samuel 13: 7 -14 (New King James Version)
Underlined for emphasis

Quite often, we are trusting God for something.
Examination success, good job, better career, spouse, financial break through, children, healing...
On and on the list really goes 
But it's my word to you today that you hold him till the end
Imagine your actions become foolish because you are impatient and did not wait for God's verdict?

Have a beautiful day people
Trusting God till the very end
Load of love, hugs and kisses
Miss Onakz...

Comments

Post a Comment