Thought from My Mind VII

Nigerian politics is not a very strong point of mine but I have decided to go into it anyway. I think I just want to write differently to see how well I can do. 
The news is all over about Bode George's prison sentence completion. I am not going to dwell on the appropriateness or inappropriateness of his actions or his sentence since we all know that his act was wrong and his sentence was short considering the offence. But at least, he got something. There are others who have committed way more atrocities to Nigeria as a country, Nigerians and humanity at large and still go about their business like nothing's wrong. Anyway, we leave them to the hands of God, their maker and their judge. 
His release just made me realise that in this life, your problem is your property but everyone shares in your happiness whether by your good or bad actions. Proverbs 14: 20 says "The poor is disliked even by his neighbour, but the rich has many friends." (ESV) People do not even consider the source of the wealth. May God help us to be rich following His dictates and counsel for our lives with hard work.
Back to Olabode George's case, how many of the people that came to celebrate with him stood by he and his family all through his prison sentence although he was guilty? A Yoruba proverb says "Ko si eyan mo" meaning "There are no more reliable people". I just pray that God will help us to be faithful friends and give us friends that will be loyal to us. Friends that will give godly counsel and help us to reach the heights that God has destined for us in Jesus name, Amen.

Away from that, for some funny reason at this time of the day, my mind goes to President Goodluck Jonathan. I was appalled by his statement saying "I’ve blueprint to turn Nigeria around". I was so upset by that headline that I refused to read the whole story. If that statement he made is entirely correct, it means he chose to do very little with what he has as Vice-President or since he became President so that he will see things to campaign about, right? Nigerians have heard so many different promises from the second Niger bridge, PHCN/NEPA 24/7, free education, Fourth Mainland bridge, good infrastructure, name it so tey we don tire. I sometimes think that is why a number politicians don't have major landmark achievements. It is so these issues will remain and they will use it in the next campaign. Although I know that we the citizens have our roles to play too for good governance. I hope that these politicians know that if they refuse to improve Nigeria today, it will get worse by tomorrow. But they should be sure that God will raise His people that will be leaders to the country and their reputations will be ruined in the hearts of Nigerians forever and they will have a lot of explaining to do to God.
This election is a make or break for President Goodluck Jonathan because if he wins, he has a  short while to write his name in the hearts of one of Africa' s best as a good or bad leader. If he thinks four years is a long time, he should ask an SS1 student (SS1 is the fourth year in secondary school education).
I pray the 2011-2015 President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and all the elected (governors, chairmen, etc) lead their people well and stops politicians from recycling mandates to the electorates because they never get things done. I will advise they chooses men that have similar visions to theirs which I believe is for the good of Nigeria and Nigerians.1 Samuel 22: 2 says concerning the men David took on board with him "All those who were in trouble or owed someone money or were discontented gathered around him, and he became their leader. He had about four hundred men with him." (NET) They were not perfect men, but they saw things the way David did and they were trained on how to war. By 2 Samuel 23: 8 "These [be] the names of the mighty men whom David had... " (KJV), they had become mighty men of David. They killed a lot of the enemies of the Israelites and their names are written for all to see. They too had become achievers. If an administration fails, all the people that worked with it will be regarded as failures. I pray that God will send helpers of destiny that will help us succeed  and may we also help others achieve their goals, Amen.


May God help you
May God help me
May God help our politicians
May God help us
May God help the Federal Republic of Nigeria



*These are just my diluted thoughts at this time of the day
**This is my longest post and I'm amazed
***February has come and gone so fast. May the rest of this year deliver all the promises and blessings that God has in store of us all, Amen. 

Comments

  1. hmmmm, well done my sister, swthrt, friend, etc.You have said it all.I pray the one God has chosen will lead us arite in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tola every (wo)man is a political animal! LOL. I *like*
    I understand your point on faithful friends but regardless celebrating Bode's release was shameful! #thatisAll

    As for PDP(Politically Demonized People) they just recycle looters and corrupt people and Goodluck is not an exception. If he had done sth like given Nigerians 24/7 light for that one year, would he need campaign? shio. till then he is another looter in waiting if re-elected( i hope not sha)

    Amen, Amen and Amen to all those prayers!
    And i pray may the rest of this year deliver all the promises and blessings that God has in store of us all, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Bayo. Amen to that prayer.
    Anonymous Funke, I agree to us being political animals. Like I said, those were my diluted thoughts. If I choose to write everything I thought about Bode George's case, it would take a lot of space & a lot of my anger. So I won't even bother. I want to keep a sane mind. I just think that the 5 lettered word 'shame' is not a word that some people know exists. I expect him to sit very quietly in his house. Thanks a lot. I really appreciate. May God help us to live right. Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. A BIG amen o!

    on bode; smh in sorrow, pity & confusion!

    on politics;there are 3D'S involved ; DEBT, DEPRESSION AND DEATH!, hence, i don't waste my time to vote!

    I like this post, different from the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well done dearie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank so much Ibhade. I'm just hearing of the 3Ds for the first time and I think its so true for Nigeria at the moment. May God help us, Amen. Please vote. You never can tell what God will do.

    Thanks too Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment