Between Daddy and I

As independent and as happy as I am
It's just takes a thought for me to realise
I have needs too
I'm really tired of going on this way
A lot of things have to change
This year cannot continue like this
Patience is one thing I struggle with
Waiting is a game I'm learning
Just when I'm about to throw in the towel
Thinking, 'I just might give up'
I remember Daddy
I know He's my Rock
I run to His seat
Sit on His lap
Stretch to His shoulder
His hand holds me in place
Hold His ear
With a tear drop in each eye
And anxiety on my face
I say in a gentle whisper,
"Lord, I need Your help"
He stops His conversation with others
Turns His head in my direction
Looks at me straight in the eyes
A smile is curved by His lips
And He replies my words,
In the gentlest manner I've ever seen
"Daughter, I'm sure you will be fine, I've had to in mind all along and I'm always by your side"
I dry my tears
Rest my head on His chest
As I allow His words to sink
Because in His presence, I find rest for my troubled soul

Comments

  1. so true sistah..so true..HE IS ALWAYS THERE WITH US...i certainly love my friend JESUS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The words "He stops His conversation with others" resonated with my spirit...What an awesome Father He is...may He give you the strength to wait on Him and may you constantly be reminded of His unfailing love for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot Ibhade, I'm so much in love with my friend Jesus too
    Thanks Rita, yes, He's truly an awesome Father. AMEN. I really need the prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sweet, He is indeed an awesome Father and Friend. I hope you find the peace you seek, and may the year fulfill its promises.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tola another nice one *like* lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure, He is. I scream a loud "Amen" for the prayer. Thanks a lot Myne.
    Funke, thanks too. U know your 'like' gave you away.lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment