Not Me

Ever been ashamed of yourself
Falling below your very expectations and the standards you have set for yourself?
Its happened to me quite a number of times
So, I'm tempted to think a number of people have experienced it

Time and time again, just when I think I know right
I take a few moments to listen to myself
To find out what I think about the situation
Then alas, I realise I'm ashamed of my own thoughts
WHAT AM I THINKING?
This thought is certainly not me

Then its time to talk,
I open my mouth and I'm surprised of what comes out
WHAT HAVE I JUST SAID?
Its sounding not like me

In actions too, I find myself below my line
Below my standards of operation
I just wonder
WHAT DID I JUST DO?

All these are points to one fact
I have some weaknesses
And be sure that you do too

No man is perfect in everything
We all need the grace
Little wonder 2 Corinthians 12: 9 "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me" (NET).

The help of friends is also essential
Friends that are worthy and truthful
Hence Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend" (KJV).

Therefore, here's my little prayer 'Lord, help me always to glory in You and have all the right people that would inspire me to greatness'.

Comments

  1. miss Onakz, keep on the gud work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you always start your inspirational/spiritual talk...realistic approach...not holistic...got to show you are human with weakness like me! A THOUSAND TIMES sistah! A THOUSAND TIMES, i had fallen below my expectation & standard i set! A THOUSAND TIMES, i had asked myself; WHO IS MY FRIEND?????

    Amen to your prayer...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice on dear...one of my best

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a lot Bayonle, Ibhade and Dideolu. I'm smiling.
    Ibhade, your questions has been in my mind for a while now. I wish I had a perfect answer...All humans fail a number of times.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment