My Prayer from 14th Onwards

I was reading Koinonia's blog about a week ago. For some reason, I just fell in love with writing and the Word of God again and put some things in my jotter.
In the valentine mood, I decided to share one of those thoughts.

Every woman has a perfect role model to pattern her life after in the bible. She's the perfect Proverbs 31 woman. A lot of sermons, talks and prayers have been said to and for women regarding this lady.

But for men on the other hand, I haven't really found a specific bible passage that embodies all the qualities of a "virtuous" man. From my little study of the bible, I have found some features from a number of men in the bible that I think quite a number of women want. These attributes are written in the form of a prayer. Happy reading or praying, whichever you choose.

"Dear God, I love You and I would love the husband that You are bringing into my life. I have read in your Word about different men that worked with You and affected this world by Your grace and I would want to have one like that. These are some of the examples I would like my husband to emulate.

  • A 'John the beloved' that would love the Master
  • A 'Solomon' that is full of Your wisdom
  • A 'David' that is a man after Your heart
  • A 'Samson' that is filled with Your strength
  • A 'Paul' that knows and follows You
  • A 'Job' that would stand for God in all circumstances
  • A 'Shadrach, Meshach or Abed-Nego' that would trust You in everything and have wonderful friends
  • An 'Ezekiel' that would always hear from You and follow Your instructions
  • A 'Joseph' that fears You and lives in Your favour
  • A 'Nehemiah' that would re-build Your nation
  • A 'Moses' that would lead Your people
  • A 'Daniel' that would show Your power 
  • An 'Elisha' that works in Your power and has a great mentor
  • A 'Blind Bartimaeus' that can cry out to You
  • A 'Zacchaeus' that is eager to know You, get Your attention and have an encounter with You 
  • A 'Boaz' that is kind, hardworking, respectful, caring, rich who is really in love with me and so full of self control that he chooses to do things the proper way
  • A 'Joseph' (Father of Jesus) that would be a father, a brother, a friend and a husband who would help me accomplish Your plans for my life
  • An 'Abraham' that would love me in everything including my shortcomings and have complete faith in You
  • A 'Ahasuerus' that would listen to me
  • A 'Jacob' that would love me dearly and work hard for my sake
  • A 'Son of Zebedee' with a great family
In summary Lord, the list is endless, but above all Daddy, let me be able to follow Your will in His life too and not frustrate all these qualities You have put in Him. Let us be able to work together in agreement and be great examples to Your people. Amen".


                                                                         Love
                                                                         Your Daughter


***Please I would love to get comments from this post. Let me know that you all think. Many thanks. 

Happy St. Valentine's Day.

Comments

  1. hey babes... don't have to ask how ur doing. i can see ur doing great. would really love to borrow this for the lits and tracts board in church... may i? please? sanmi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sanmi, thanks a lot. I'm doing very well. Thank God. Sure you can (Smiles). How's everything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tola I really love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks darling... I already printed it(wink). I am very well thank God. He has been taking good care of His own. So... do I have the official permit to use any of your write ups when I like?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment