Something to Live by

Very early Saturday morning,
Not long after midnight
I sat alone watching TV
Then, my mind starts
It begins to choose its thoughts
Try as I may
These thoughts refuse to stop
They keep coming
They keep pouring.

Just then, I realise the significance of 
    SELF CONTROL
It governs our lives,
Our homes, our loves, our friends,
Our health and, in fact the world around us

If we all could follow through with it
There would be fewer wars
Wars with weapons, wars with fists, wars with lips and wars of wills

Health would be better too
We all would know what to take and what to do
Emotions would be safeguarded
Friendships saved
Marriages helped
Divorces fewer

If only we could control our minds
Our thoughts won't always be issues
Issues for us, issues for others
Sure, we would live happier

If we controlled our lips 
Our friends would enjoy us more
and guess what, we could even have more
We would be good examples to ourselves and others too

If we controlled our actions
We would be more beautiful
This beauty radiating from our inside
The world, more peaceful
Working as teams to achieve great results

Do I really need to say more?
Once read that God is pleased with a man that controls himself
But one thing I know, and of this I'm sure
Its only possible with the help of One
       THE HOLY SPIRIT
Therefore, of this I pray
"Lord, help me to always live by one of the gifts of the Spirit which by no coincidence is the last written in Galatians 5: 22-23 called SELF CONTROL"

Comments

  1. self-control=discipline....it saves us a lot of trouble, BUT.........................*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bayonle, thanks a lot.
    Ibhade, it really does oh my sister but I don't understand your BUT (LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If you could find someone whose speech was perfectly true, you'd have a perfect person, in perfect control of life." -- James 3:2. Still true today...God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, Amen!!! Perfect speech is really difficult. May God help us to be able to control our speech.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment