In Addition

Hi friends. How was your week? Hope it was beautiful all through. I learnt something stunning this week, "Even in drought, He makes the difference with His abundance". This is the summary of my week.

Thank you very much for reading and commenting. I'm still in the first year anniversary mood and I would love to thank you all for making this happen. If not that you are improving my statistics and commenting, I'm quite sure I would have parked this blog. I am very grateful to everyone that has ever dropped by and I use this opportunity to THANK YOU!!!

I began a journey some weeks ago that has helped me learn a lot about myself and also helped identify things that are “important, crucial and very vital”. I learnt about issues I am strong enough to deal with and those I just had to leave, my wants and matters that are not worth my while. Thank God we go through experiences that although make us ashamed and act out of God's approval, we can learn from them and are able to avoid them and act wisely regarding them in future. Thanks Lord for Your grace that keeps giving me second, third, fourth, fifth...chances to return to You. I pray I never exhaust Your mercy, Amen. I am fully aware He is sometimes disappointed in me when I do things that He isn't pleased about but my aim is to live glorifying Him: that is all that matters.

I got a nudge to revisit my first post for a review after taking it out a while ago. I have since decided to put it back because I realized it is the start of a journey. One I chose to go through with you beside me. Before reading that post again though, all that came to my mind was: "Thank God I was only dreaming". I thought so not because it isn't a fantastic dream I really would love to have but reality woke me up. It takes more than just dreaming to make reality. I need to think, I need to plan and I need to act.

In the Single and Dreaming Post, I saw the gentleman possess wonderful characteristics but now, I ask myself two questions. These questions rather than the qualities I seek, are the bedrock I’ll add to the post. 
1. Am I as amazing as I want him to be? Prov 27:17 (NET) "​​​​​​​As iron sharpens iron, ​​​​​​so a person sharpens his friend." I can only attract what I possess. If I'm fed with dog food, it is because I have acted as a dog at some point.

2. Am I able to identify these qualities when I see them? My awesome dad would say "all that glitters isn't gold but gold glitters all through." Am I after the glitter or after the gold? 

One year later and the list is longer, more detailed and more realistic.

Comments

  1. Tola, I'm very much in love with your blog. It's an inspiration. Thumbs up girl!!! Love, 'Debola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done with the blog. It really is insightful. I love it that writing can show us a lot about who we are

    Adiya
    Muse Origins Features
    Muse Origins

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment