What Does Anger Make You Do?

Happy November People!!!
How are you doing?
How was your week and your weekend?
Hope it was beautiful.
Mine was very good. 
I got my laptop screen fixed so at least I am happy. 
A broken screen felt like clutter.
Oh well, maybe it was the OCD working.
But I still feel like I'm holding on to some other clutter and I am not sure what they really are. 

That said, I really did not feel like writing a post today. 
But 2 things brought me here.
First, I sat down to do the maths and realised that I owe you 9 posts. 
So for 9 good weeks this year, I didn't write on this blog. That is very bad.
In my mind, it only felt like 4/5 not 9. Don't worry, I will pay it. 
Then my friend calls me and says "Happy Tuesday, where is our blog post?" 
Guilt just gave me a dirty slap and now I am here and glad. 
Thank you friend. 

I remembered some events that happened between my immediate younger sister and I. That will be what this week's post will be about.
As children, my sister and I fought quite often. We fought over a lot of things and it is funny that now, I do not remember any particular reasons for our fights. I should ask if she remembers. By fight, I mean verbal abuse, physical slaps, blows and bites. If I ever felt she was rude, or I was angry at anything she said or did, we fought. Sometimes, people separated us. Other times, we fought till we got tired.

If I am not mistaken, the last physical fight we had was when I was probably a teenager or in Junior Secondary School at least. We had one of those our usual fights and before anyone knew what was happening, I put my mouth on her arm and gave a a big bite. My teeth marks were very obvious on her skinny arms and why was that? Because I was angry that she had said or done something. I remember we settled the issue later and became buddies after the incident. However, some days later, we were going for an event and she decided that she was going to wear a sleeveless dress.
Imagine that!!!

Sebi we had already settled the issue. Why would she wear a sleeveless dress for crying out loud? The mark from the bite was still quite conspicuous on her arm and I knew the people at the event would ask her what happened. Knowing the enormity of what my actions had caused and how I was going to be perceived because of what I had done, I started to feel ashamed but I did not have the nerve to convince her to wear something else.
Why did I even bite her arm in the first place?
Why did I set myself up for people to know that I was a "biter"?
Why did I allow anger to get a hold of me in ways that I couldn't control?
Most especially, in ways that inflicted harm on someone else?
Thank God the mark is gone now, but imagine telling her children and mine "See Aunty's teeth marks on Mummy's arm." If the mark was still there, I would have been ashamed every time I saw her arm.

Have you been a bit angry recently?
Or moderately angry?
Or very angry?
What did the anger make you think?
What did the anger make you say?
What did the anger make you do?
What marks has anger allowed you inflict on others? 
Emotionally or Physically?
Please be very careful when upset because anger can make you do stupid, silly or irrational things  that you will regret for a long time.
It can even cause permanent/irreparable damages sometimes.

"If you become angry, do not let your anger lead you into sin, and do not stay angry all day. Don't give the Devil a chance."
Ephesians 4: 26 -27 (Good News Translation)

Have a beautiful week people
Refusing to let anger have a hold on you
Loads of hugs and kisses from this loving heart
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. I am almost certain I remember this day😂. Like they say, before you react when angry, think of the 101010 rule. Will this be relevant in 10 minutes, 10 days & 10 years. Your honest answer should guide your reaction. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...You do? Honestly, a lot of times, the issues are irrelevant later. Thanks for commenting...xxx

      Delete
  2. Hmmm.. the way we fought back then ehn, only God knows the reason why we always did. I know I had a very sharp mouth growing up which led to series of beating����
    Although the arm mark didn't last long, I still have a scar on my leg that I'm gonna show the twins��
    Anger makes us do a lot of things we end up regretting so it's better to just breathe and let it go. It won't really matter at the end of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in. I think I will always tell my children "you will be an adult soon and something will not matter". Maybe it will stop some actions...😂
      I gave you a scar on your leg 😢and now my niece and nephew will know 🙄😭
      Thanks a lot Bus. I am really grateful and glad that your comment is finally showing💃

      Delete
  3. Nice one Tola. Loved reading this. The hurt may go but the scar may always serve as a reminder. God help us to exercise self control whenever we are angry. Well done girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kemi. Yes o and there is no point giving too many people scars. You will certainly become a plague.
      Amen!!!

      Delete

Post a Comment