Is Familiar the Same as Knowing?


Hello People
How are you doing?
How did you enjoy our exercise last week?
What did you remember?
What are you glad about?

Anyway, let’s get straight to today’s post.
A few years ago, I was trying to go through airport security when I spotted an elderly man that I thought I knew. He was dressed very simple, nothing extra ordinary. He was carrying his own hand luggage and very simply going about his own business. No airs, no security, no drama. He looked like a very simple person. So feeling very familiar, I walked up to him, greeted him and said something like "Good Morning Sir, I see you at … and this is what I see you doing there. My name is …." He looked at me with a nice smile and said something along the lines of "Oh really, nice to meet you." He then went through security and about his business and I felt really cool with the introduction.

Sometime later, I was giving my mum the gist on how I met Mr… at the airport and how I introduced myself to him based on where I saw him and what I saw him do before the introduction and blah blah blah. She said really, did you know he is the chairman of this company? I was like Chairman ke? How is that possible?

Just as I saw getting over him being the Chairman of that company, I started to see him in quite a number of newspapers. He was not only the chairman of one company, but as at the last time I checked, he was the chairman of about 6/7 companies. Isn’t that a thing?

Just imagine if I really knew him, I mean who he was and what he had done or what he was doing. Not based on the one place I saw him or the one thing I saw him do? I would certainly have greeted him better, maybe tried to keep the conversation longer and perhaps told him that I was truly trying to settle down with a good job then. Ladies and gentlemen, maybe I might have worked for him or been working with/for him. 
Just maybe!
 
Are you just familiar with God and His acts?
Do you view Him based only on the things He has done for you or someone you know?
How well do you know Him?
How often do you allow Him reveal Himself to you in new ways?
How different would you relate with God if you found out something new about Him?
 
... people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3: 11B (New Living Translation)

This bible passage simply means that we can never see and also understand God's works fully, so for the ones we see, we should appreciate and relate with Him differently.
 
Have a wonderful week people
Know that it is very beautiful to know God in different ways by yourself. 
Loads of hugs and kisses from this loving heart,
Miss Onakz…

Comments

  1. Another great write up. I pray we go past the familiarity realm and hunger or more of him. Thanks for reminding us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kemi. Amen!!! That’s my prayer too.

      Delete

Post a Comment