Focusing on the Right Focus

Good Morning People
How are you doing?
Hope your week is going really well.
I got a few hmmmm and are you alright from my last post.
I guess it was just a phase I was in at that point in time. 
But I am much better now living by the words of Michelle Obama "Have faith in God's plans for me...be true to myself and the rest will work itself out"
Thank you so much people.
Your checking up on me meant a lot and I really appreciate it.

Let me try to make you laugh with a funny story.
We just started working for a new client and they moved some of my colleagues from one part of the building to another. This meant I was a bit unfamiliar with some parts of this new office although I had been there a few weeks already. One day, I felt the need to use the toilet around my colleague's office so I started walking along the corridor looking for the toilet. I thought I passed by one door that looked like the male toilet so I just assumed that the next one was the female one.

Without looking, I walked in and did my business. Came out to wash my hands and saw a man washing his hands right beside me. The man was looking at me really weird and I was looking at him and thinking to myself "What rubbish? What is this man doing in the lady’s bathroom? Was he that pressed that he couldn't wait to enter the male toilet?..." My thoughts went on and on. We did not even greet each other. I finished washing my hands before him and came out of the toilet and looked at the door to confirm my thoughts. Guess what? The toilet I just came out of was the male toilet. Imagine that? I was the guilty one. I was so ashamed that I burst into my colleagues’ office laughing hysterically and told them my offence.
I really hope you are fully laughing now.

As I remembered this story last week, I realised that life isn't always about how we think we see things or what we think we are seeing. It is sometimes about you and what you are really focused on. Imagine if I didn't assume that the next toilet on the corridor after the male one I saw was female. Imagine I was not so engrossed on my need to use the bathroom and looked at the door properly before I entered. Why did I miss looking at the door sign in the first place before I entered?

He said, “Come.” So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid, and beginning to sink he cried out, “Lord, save me.” Jesus immediately reached out his hand and took hold of him, saying to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. And those in the boat worshipped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matthew 14: 29 - 33 (English Standard Version)


In our relationship with God, do we sometimes get overwhelmed when we see life, work, children or family challenges that we forget to fix our eyes on God? Are we losing sight of our focus and getting distracted by things that are not important. Is life making you lose the right direction and causing you to focus of the problems? Look again but this time, let your focus be on God.

Do we also think we are always right and can do no wrong around anyone? Think again.

Have a lovely week.
Loads of love from me to you as always,
Miss Onakz...  

Comments