Success...Define Success

Hello Everyone
How are you doing?
How are you enjoying the last day in January 2017?
31 days in this year is gone, just like that!
I realised only last week the posts in January were centred on trusting God and having a positive attitude to achieve your best. 
In 2017, we will all achieve the successes we desire, by God's grace.

A few days ago, I started soul searching again. I tend to do this quite often and like I told you some weeks ago, January is typically my month of planning and reflecting. Anyway, the issue on my mind this time was on what I (personally) considered success to mean and how I wanted to achieve it. I went through my frames of reference to review their successes. I also saw flaws in some of their stories and thought about how I didn't want to make their mistakes to attain success but one question that kept lingering in my mind was "Miss Onakz, what exactly do you want to be successful at?"

Please let me explain further so that you do not get me wrong. I currently have a career that is going quite well and I plan to keep improving at it. I also have a family who thinks the world of me (my awesomeness is good like that). I have friends who think I am a really "better" (pidgin English pronunciation) person and I also have a few naira in my piggy bank (although my banker doesn't even know that I exist yet). But do all of these things equate to success or are they signs that I am on the way to attaining success. Does success for me equal to being famous?

In my thoughts this January, I have had the feeling that there is much more to my life that what I am currently doing. I want to be/do better. But my question to myself has been "How?"

I think a number of needs have already been met so I am not fully sure of the new vacuum I want to fill and besides, I am not a scientist so my skills at creating a new invention may suck.
.
I can hear you thinking "Miss Onakz, get to the point"  
My response to you now is "Well, I am almost there."

Now, my point exactly is, until you have found some new idea or invention to create or die for, whatever good things you are currently doing, please continue with all your strength because the completion of those routine/regular/mundane tasks make you successful irrespective of the world's standards or what others are doing or thinking. (Colossians 3: 23 - New Living Translation)

Therefore, from me to you 
Have a wonderful week with loads of love, hugs and kisses
Being successful by simply working harder to be a better you
Miss Onakz...

N.B- Very special thanks for all your encouragements. I appreciate each and every one...xxx

Comments

  1. Blessed by your write up...Thanks for sharing your thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Miss Onakoya... I have been feeling the same way recently. I have a career, a wonderful family and the bestest friends. Yet something is missing, maybe it's a sign we're entering a new phase of our lives. I eventually found my answer so I'm guessing you will too. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please I will harass you for your answer.
      Thank you very much Tosin...xxx

      Delete
  3. Success to me is being able to meet my needs and wants {which are very simple by the way, because I am easily contented :D) and finding satisfaction/ happiness in whatever I am doing...so I am working towards it.

    I like the bible translation...regardless of the world's standard...
    Those mundane,or regular, or routine tasks we do, is what actually keeps the wheel of life to continuously turn.
    Happy new month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the simplicity of your definition of success.
      Happy February.
      Thank you so much...xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment