Fears Parked, Destination Guaranteed

Hello Lovely People
How are you doing?
How was your weekend and Monday, busy?
Like I usually ask my colleagues at work, any joy? 
Any gist? Anything interesting happening? Please give me the full gist if there is. As you know, I love gist and would be waiting for you to supply *winks*.

As I getting off work on Friday evening, I kept thinking about what this week's post should be about. Then I remembered something that happened to me a while ago. 

For some years in this my life, I worked in a different state from where I lived. This meant that almost every week, I was flying home on Friday or going back to work on Monday morning. I had no problem with it at all. I even used to sit between rows 4 and 7. I also made sure not to check in any luggage so that immediately the plane landed in Lagos, I was out of the airport and on my way home. Flying to me was very normal. I never really thought much of it at all.

Then one time, my sister and I were travelling and thoughts began to float in my mind. "What if this is your last flight ever or if this plane crashes or if you don't make it back home alive?" All these thoughts started to make me really scared.

Moments after thinking those evil thoughts, I just pulled the breaks on fear and parked all those thoughts aside. I then focused on God's awesomeness and how I was really going to make it back home with my sister and all my shopping goodies *winks* (thought reversal). I can't really remember the exact words I used to tuck the fear far away, but I remember it went something like... "This plane,  its engines and in fact all its parts are covered with the blood of Jesus. I even replaced the pilot with God because I knew that with Him, I would get to my destination safely and securely". After the prayers, I slept (this is one flight that I slept the most) because I knew it was beyond my control.

I honestly do not even remember if that flight was turbulent or not but since the incident, I still travel by air quite often (turbulent flights inclusive) and I am rest assured that with God as my pilot, I would get to my destination safely. 

What "what ifs" are you thinking with regards to 2017, your life or your future? Guess what people? We hardly see our pilots, but we trust we will get to our destination. We also do not see God physically, but we trust that He will land us safely where He has prepared for us.

As you go into this year, after committing everything to God, be rest assured that He will take you on His wings and land you safely where He has purposed/planned for you.
Have a wonderful week babies, ladies and gentlemen (There was a rhyme with babies and ladies and it felt so cool to use *winks*)
Always with loads of love, hugs and kisses
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Wow, thanks a lot for your comment Gbemi. I was super fast. Thumbs up. I really appreciate.

      Delete
  2. Keep trusting! For we have so great a God to trust in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello David, thank you so much for visiting this blog and very special thanks for commenting and sharing too. I really appreciate.

      Indeed, God is amazingly great and when we put our trust in Him, our destination is always guaranteed.

      Delete

Post a Comment