New Year, New Routes, New Plans

Hello Everyone
Happy 2017!!!
I pray that this year is fabulous for all of us in every aspect of our lives. 
May we enjoy God's rich and abundant grace in everything we plan to do and actually do in 2017.
Hope the holiday was very refreshing for you all. Lots to eat and drink and very many reasons to be merry. I ate too much and now starting #fitfam is hard again.

Oh well, this year is already in full swing (imagine, already 3 days old) and some of us are still planning and articulating things to do this year. For one, I have not yet written or planned in details my goals and prayer points for 2017. I usually have things floating my head at the beginning of January and then by end of the month, I would have written down some of the details for things I want to achieve this year.

As you are aware, 2016 was a very beautiful one for me. I really cannot lie about that. I had very many happy days and in terms of my goals, most of them were achieved. Take for example, I wanted to read a minimum of one book a month so that by the end of this year, I would have read 12. Guess what? I read over 12 books in 2016 (although I still haven't finished some of the books I started reading). You can check the list on the right of the screen for books I read in 2016.

While at the watch night service, I kept thinking/praying about the different aspects of my life and how I wanted to record successes in more areas of my life in 2017 than I did in 2016. Then the picture of an octopus came to my mind. It then occurred to me that I would need to joggle more than a few things this year. Thinking of how all that was going to be possible, the worship leader sang a song with the name of God AGBANILAGBATAN in it.

Although my Yoruba is not the best, I really enjoy saying somethings in that language because it gives me some depth that English does not. So I began thinking in English "What does Agbanilagbatan mean?" Moments later, an answer came to me. It means "One that delivers a person completely in all aspects of life". He does not save your marriage and leave your finances in shambles. He does not save your physical body and leave your family hopeless. Our Great God is more than able to deliver goodness to your spiritual, physical, physiological, marital, family, career, business, academics and in fact every and all aspects of your life.

With that illustration, I was/am convinced that in 2017, not a few aspects of my life but rather all aspects will see and experience the goodness of the God that totally saves.



Have an outstanding 2017 family.
Convinced that God that started the year with you will perfect ALL that concerns you in it.
From me to you, it is always a lorry load of love, hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Agbanilagbatan.....I agree my dear sometimes it's makes more sense worshiping Him in Yoruba. it carries more depth to me. Happy New Year Family��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worshipping God in any language that gives you in depth understanding is really amazing. Thanks a lot Tobi. Happy New Year too.

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year darling. God is too big to fail.Nice piece

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, He doesn't even attempt to. Thank you so much Debola.

      Delete

Post a Comment