Thought from My Mind VI

I'm sorry I have not been here in a while
Got a lot an my plate at the moment
Academic results are finally out
I am now on a new path
To start a new walk
To accomplish other set of goals
Almost everyone welcomes me to the real world but where was I as a student?
I recognise that the real world is in 3 phases
At first, people take full responsibility of you
Then the responsibilities become shared: You work, they provide
And finally, you get full responsibility of yourself (I think I am here now)
It all seemed like yesterday I was leaving to go back to school.
I remember telling my family goodbye like a new student in Junior School leaving for boarding house
Haven't seen them in over a year and I really miss them
Guess it was time to leave home again although I had not fully been there in the last 12 years
Always had to come and go
Life dictated the times I spent
I remember having to make new friends and still struggle to keep in touch with others
I remember struggling to read after 2 years of no academic work
The everyday wake and walk for lectures
The stays in the library and learning centre
(I hated it because it was too quiet for me so they were not so many)
The closing of my facebook account and permanently invisible yahoo messenger
The discussions with friends on what questions to answer for the assignments
And how best to answer the questions
I remember the races to the programme office to meet deadlines
My meetings with my supervisor and my personal tutor
My constant prayers for success
It all seemed extremely difficult then
But now, looking back at things
I really won't mind doing it again
But I guess its time to move on 
To move into the world of works
Hopefully to return if I get the permission and full support required
But, through it all, just one phrase fills my mouth
All I have to say is
THANK YOU FATHER!!!





*Image gotten from google.com

Comments