G is for Gorgeous

Hello People
How are you doing?
Good weekend and nice Monday?
Well, I am doing well too. I’m already planning for Christmas in my mind.
It is only about 34 days away and I have some great plans.
Are you making plans already for Christmas and the New Year?

A while ago, I struggled with a few things and some major ones were:
“Am I pretty enough?”
“Do I look smart enough?”
”Am I generally good enough?”
Quite a number of my decisions I made were guided by these thoughts.

If I was with a friend or my sisters and something good happened to them and not me, I will just jump into thoughts over drive and begin to think “maybe it’s because I am not as fine as her”, “maybe my conversations are not as intellectually stimulating”, maybe this, maybe that. Honestly, you really do not want to know the extent of those thoughts. I also remember one time, I met someone whose voice was very tiny and I started to think to myself, “maybe I should just have a tiny voice so that people will notice me”. Oh well, considering my laugh, you just know that the tiny did not work.

Sometime between yesterday and this morning, I was thinking about the whole insecurities and not valuing yourself thing and a scenario came to my mind. Imagine if all you did from age one to adulthood was sculptures. You shaped images with clay all day, every day, morning, afternoon, evening and night. By the time you are 20, you would be a professional sculptor, right? You will be able to shape images in your sleep and every time you moulded anything, you would aspire to be much better than the last time, right?

Same with God.
Imagine the entire human beings on earth, He made them all.
I mean, He made so many people before you needed to have been made.
He therefore made your face right, eyes perfect, nose extraordinary, lips beautiful, ears amazing… the list goes on and on.

So if ever you begin to think of yourself as "not up to any spec", just remember, if He has made X persons on earth before you were born, He had already perfected the act before you came into earth. You were made outstandingly gorgeous.
Look at the mirror for just a moment, in complete awe of yourself.
You, my dear friend are phenomenal.
 
Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--how well I know it.
Psalm 139:1 (New Living Translation)
 
Have a wonderful week awesome people.
Knowing that part of God’s marvelous work includes you.
Loads of hugs and kisses from this loving heart,
Miss Onakz…

Comments

  1. Well written.When we understand that we are Royalty- Daughters of a King; that begins to shape our thoughts and the way we see ourselves. I dealt with low self esteem for so long. Today I still battle with insecurities. What I have learned however is that I am a work in progress and so with God on my side, I work on areas of my life where I feel not too confident. In the end no one is perfect and we are all just striving to attain perfection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a million Debz. We are all uniquely beautiful darling.

      Delete

  2. 2 of my Hindi colleagues at work were talking the other day and one said to me there is something about you. The way you talk and carry yourself, you give off the vibe of a CEO. The other voiced out in agreement. She said, "like royalty right". I gazed at them in amazement because really, it's the God within me at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, even others noticed it. Keep stepping girl!
      Thanks for the double comments in a single post...xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment