The Lord, He is my Shepherd

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was February?
I can already hear you say, "wait o, before you start to form too familiar, where have you been?"
Miss Onakz has been very well.
Was gisting with my friends yesterday and they asked me why I hadn't been blogging frequently.
I gave some excuses of dealing with other goals for this year. 
But hey, I am here now and will be here more frequently. 
That is what is most important.
I am very sorry for not blogging regularly.

In the last few months, I haven't been able to do long prayers.
Maybe I am in a phase, maybe a mood or maybe just lazy, who knows?
However, what I will honestly tell you is that I also haven't been able to count the number of times I have said, "Help me, Lord" or "Lord, I need your help" or "Father, help me".
The common word in the phrases above?
Guess what it is?
HELP!!!


With this phase, mood or laziness, one thing has been constant. 
I have really needed and still need God's presence, direction, comfort...
And maybe to help/nudge/encourage me, I have had Psalm 23 on my mind for sometime now.
In the next coming days, let us focus on that sweet Psalm.
Shall we take it phrase by phrase.

"You, LORD, are my shepherd."
Contemporary English Version

"The Lord is my shepherd"
New International Version


In doing this little research, guess what I found? It is really one of the phrases in the bible that has not been changed/adjusted/modernised, irrespective of the versions available today. There hasn't been a better word to describe Him as a shepherd. Please check your bible version just in case I am wrong.

What then does that word "shepherd" mean?
Funny enough, just found out that it's a noun (word used for identification) and a verb (action word).

Shepherd:
  (n) a person who tends and rears sheep.
  (v) tend (sheep) as a shepherd/guide/direct in a particular direction.


How does it apply to me or better still, how does it apply to me now?
Simple, it means that shepherding is God's nature or should we use it is God's profession as a better description? 
Like you'll see a doctor to health, He is shepherd to life. 
The doctor looks out for your symptoms, checks/takes your vitals, listens to your complains before prescribing a course of treatment. Your time in the doctor's office is personal to you.

So also, the shepherd watches over you, tends you, checks that the environment is conducive for you, ensures that you never get in harm's way and even when you need to change location, He ensures that you are fit enough for the journey ahead. Oftentimes even ensuring that what is ahead is far better than what you are currently enjoying. He is very attentive to each person and their individual needs. 

I say it again boldingly, "The Lord is my shepherd" and I ask "is He your shepherd too?"

As you enjoy this weekend, always know that the Lord is personified,
He is personal to you and He's really got your back.
Have a wonderful weekend filled with our usual love, hugs and kisses.
It is still #myyearofunprecedentedgoodness
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. He's my shepherd too sis. Glad to know He's got my back. Thanks for this piece 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes o, thanks a lot for reading and affirming that He is your shepherd too.
      Have a wonderful weekend Chinemerem.

      Delete
  2. This piece makes me glad. Did you see the clip about the City of David Pastor who was preaching about God's protection and suddenly ran off the altar? People started scampering about trying to protect themselves. The point he was trying to make was is the Lord really our shepherd with people panicking when he acted like something was wrong. I had a good laugh. When we truly know that God is our shepherd, we'll be like Jesus who was snoozing when the ship he was in was about to capsize.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I saw it. We really need to drill it into our subconsciousness, only them will we be able to successfully live above fear.
      Thank you so much Debola.

      Delete
  3. The Lord is my shepherd. Sometimes we get carried away though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when we see some "challenges". God help us to always remember that He is our shepherd in deed.
      Thanks a lot Busola

      Delete

Post a Comment