Dark Valley Comebacks?

Hello People 
How are you doing?
It’s a holiday because of Good Friday so I hope you are having a very beautiful day relaxing in the thoughts that your saviour thought you were good enough, sorry scratch that, great and worthy for Him to die at Calvary. May the reason for His death and resurrection be fulfilled in our lives in Jesus name. Amen!

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”
Psalm 23 (King James Version). 

“Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.”
Psalm 23 (New International Version). 

Have you ever had to walk through death’s valley or perhaps a very dark valley (sickness, failure, loss, depression...)?
Let’s have a look at our prime example. 
“And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?...Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Matthew 27:46, 50 (King James Version)

Have you been thinking; Lord, how have you abandoned me childless or forgotten I’m unmarried or forsaken your unemployed or God, won’t you remember your sick or homeless or poor child? Maybe for you, it’s not even as defined as a single word or things that aren’t even regular. 
Do you realise that even Jesus had to ask God why He was abandoned. 

Between Matthew 27 and Matthew 28, have you ever thought about how the devil would have started to bask in happiness that He was gone, how the women would have gone to the market or check their houses for the oils to anoint His body or the soldiers are quite chilled that His body was safe in the grave?

“In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow: And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men. And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.”
Matthew 28: 1-6 (King James Version).

Please can you read the underlined section it again?
I mean, after He felt abandoned, life was moving on and then, HE ROSE. Even the angel had to tell them to see the empty place He was laid. 

From Psalm 23, David acknowledged that even on difficult days (shadow or death), we need not fear because God is here to comfort us. Comfort is also a restoration to something better of what seemed initially lost. 

Shall we now read Psalm 23: 1-4 - “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.”

Ladies and gentlemen, be comforted that despite the various situations you are going through, they won’t drown you. You will still be able to look at them in the face and always triumph over them. 
Loads of love, hugs, kisses and have a very wonderful Easter, 
Miss Onakz...

Comments