He Leads Me...

Hello People
How are you doing today?
Any plans for this good weekend?

How about us looking at Psalm 23: 2a in 5 versions.
"He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters."
King James Bible

"He lets me rest in fields of green grass and leads me to quiet pools of fresh water."
Good News Translation

"You let me rest in fields of green grass. You lead me to streams of peaceful water,"
Contemporary English Version

"He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,"
New International Version

"He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams."
New Living Translation

For this post, let's use the meanings that are most suitable.
Make: (v) cause (something) to exist or come about; bring about.
            (n) the manufacturer or trade name of a product.
Let: (v) not prevent or forbid; allow.
Rest: (v) be placed or supported so as to stay in a specified position. OR be based on; depend on.
Pastures: (n) land covered with grass and other low plants suitable for grazing animals, especially cattle or sheep OR used to refer to a person's situation in life.
Leads: (v) cause (a person or animal) to go with one by holding them by the hand, a halter, a rope, etc. while moving forward OR be a route or means of access to a particular place or in a particular direction OR be in charge or command of. OR have the advantage over competitors in a race or game have or experience (a particular way of life)
            (n) the initiative in an action; an example for others to follow OR a position of advantage in a contest; first place. OR the chief part in a play or film.
Still: (adj) undisturbed by wind, sound, or current; calm and tranquil.
Fresh: (adj) pleasantly clean and cool.
Peaceful: (adj) free from disturbance; tranquil. OR not involving war or violence.
Quiet: (adj, n, v) making little or no noise. OR carried out discreetly, secretly, or with moderation.

This definitions are quite a few abi? However, as I continued in read them and understand them, a few sentences that summarises the verse above struck me
1. He, my manufacturer allows me to encounter situations in life so that He can cause me to move forward undisturbed.
2. He is in charge of my pleasantly clean and cool life.
3. He allows me to have advantage over competition.
4. He manufactured my life so it is free from disturbance.

Interesting sentences right?
What sentences have you been able to make for yourself from the meanings above?
Can you find a phrase or sentence that works best for you and/or your current phrase in life?
Looking from these sentences above, has it even occurred to you that God created for pleasant and good things? That is honestly  the summary I see in all these sentences. Even Ephesians 2: 10 says -
"For we are God's handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (New International Version)

As you go into this week, all you need to remember is this:
The Lord is my shepherd;
I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.
Psalm 23: 1-2 (New King James Version)

Have a wonderful week filled with love, hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. I like how you've broken down the words in the verse. This is my own.
    He let's me be supported in places suitable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Funke. I love your sentence too. Simple, but means much. Support in suitable places...xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment