My Happy Birthday Post

Hello People
How are you doing?
If you are reading this post on the day I scheduled it to publish, yay!!!
It is my birthday today.
Family and friends have been asking for a while how I intend celebrate but I couldn't think of anything I really wanted to do.
Some friends even went ahead to create a group for birthday plans and fun things. Guess what? As the wet blanket that I am, I told them I wouldn't be participating so the plans were cancelled.
Even as I write, I still have no clue how I intend to celebrate.
All I know is that as a foodie, I will be sure to eat very well. 
Fitfam wouldn't count this weekend.

As I have gotten older, a few simple/normal things have started to make me very emotional. 
Guess what one of them is?
"The Happy Birthday Song"
It makes me wonder how I got where I am now.
How did time run so fast?
When did I become an adult?
And how are the decades flying by?
Remember the post I wrote last year around my birthday too celebrating the faithfulness of God and how He has brought me this far.

Every year, but in particular this past year has been a huge roller coaster for me.
Very happy, happy, indifferent and sad moments.
But guess what? These moments have all been awesome too.
It has really been a year that I really want to talk about more stories on my life, only to realise that the stories aren't complete yet. 
I have and I'm still learning to be better, stronger and nicer.
Maybe more disciplined too and more passionate perhaps.
More endearing and more determined.

I will leave you with one secret only my nuclear family members know about me for now. Maybe I'll be revealing more secrets about Miss Onakz as we go along. The secret is that I love hymns (feel free to call me old fashioned) and in the spirit of my birthday and while I get off to look for how to celebrate, I leave you with two hymns I have recently fallen in love with.



Have a wonder filled weekend
And Happy Birthday to Me
Loads of love, hugs and kisses from me to you as always,
Miss Onakz...


P.S- There is a Hallelujah Challenge currently on Instagram organised by Nathaniel Bassey. Please feel free to participate.

Comments

  1. Happy birthday miss onakoya!!! Myself and kanyin (toyin not included) we're hoping you would celebrate with a big bang!!!. However we want to let you know you're an amazing person and pray the glory of God will continue to shine in your life. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mrs Adeiga. I know I let you down but oh well, chose to celebrate differently. Not every time turn up. Sometimes, turn inwards.
      Amen!!! Thank you so much for your love...xxx

      Delete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday to you. You deserve good things and more. I pray that God will show himself true in your life. You're an amazing person and this year I wish you more love more joy and more peace. Don't be down on yourself this is the day that the Lord has made rejoice and be glad. You are made in your Father's image and you are not permitted to be anything less.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Funke. Amen!!! I'm blushing. Don't worry, I did have fun...xxx

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday! Wishing you many more joyful years of celebration and GOD'S abundant blessing in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I am blushing...
      Amen!!!
      Thank you so so much Nitty.

      Delete

Post a Comment