Liberty Gives that High

Hello People
How are you doing?
Good week and weekend?
Guess what?
It is June already and better still, it's my birthday week. What better timing for the 3 posts in 2 weeks. I already wrote the first post last week and will do the third one by my birthday so please watch out for it. 

There is a jotting I wrote in my notepad to be posted here some weeks ago. Then guess what happened? I was working out of town that week and forgot the notepad at home. So I posted something else and decided to use the jottings whenever it became relevant. As I was coming into this week, I started getting more inspiration for those jottings. I even remembered a story and a song that were related to the topic so I believe it's time to post it. It is about fear. A topic we have talked about here quite often.

You see, 2009 was a good year for my family and I. 2008 ended with one of my prayer requests being answered like magic and 2009 was going to be better. I had gotten admissions to do a Masters degree and everything was falling in place nicely. Resources for school, admission and accommodation were sorted seamlessly. Visa application was a breeze and in fact, everything was perfect. I was on a very high high (the repetition is deliberate), just to tell you how happy I was. Then one Sunday, someone requested to speak to me. I was wondering, why until she started talking. Long and short was that she dreamt there was going to be issues with me and I was going to be worse off soon. I told her to pray for me and off I went to pursue my dreams. 

Because I was higher than high, I actually forgot about the encounter. 
I'm not sure I ever told anyone this story. 
School time came and I did well, graduated from school, got back home to pursue the next level of my dreams and all has been very well since then.

Why did I remember the story? Because in deed, God liberates from fear, evil, disaster or wickedness. Imagine I had dwelt on that lady's story about my life and future?

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (emancipation from bondage, freedom). 
2 Corinthians 3:17 (Amplified Bible, Classic Edition)

What then does liberty mean here and how does it apply?
Liberty is freedom, right?
Freedom to be you with God even as He makes you a better you
Freedom for God to be who He is and do His will with you, in you and through you
Freedom from anything that has held you or is stopping you from believing God's best or making you doubt those many goodness that He has promised.
Liberty is knowing that when God blesses, He blesses indeed and doesn't pour sand in your garri or gives you things so that He can punish you later.
Freedom is knowing that He delights in your joy always.
Freedom is knowing that His will is always born out of His love for you.
How amazing is that?

Stop being bound or afraid of what will happen with the blessings or after you have received the blessings of God but rather trust in the benevolence of your KIND FATHER.
Have an amazing Monday.
Loads of love, hugs and kisses.

As always,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

Post a Comment