And Why May?

Hello People
How are you doing?
It is Wednesday afternoon already and a short work week at that.
So how is your day going?
Hope it has been really good.
No drama, no hassles, no stress?

I just remembered, it's May!
Yay!!!
May!!!
I have a question though
Why do we begin some prayers with the word "May"?
Any ideas? I have been thinking about it for some days now.

I just checked on Google for the meaning of the word "May" and I have found two definitions to be relevant for this post:
1. The word "May" can be used for Expressing possibility
2. "May" can also be used for Expressing a wish or hope


With these definitions above, I have chosen to express myself in this post with a prayer:
May this month be a very amazing one for us. 
Filled with good testimonies that show the power of God.
May we receive answers to prayers that you are trusting God for this season.
May everyday of May be filled with grace.
May we be filled with strength to surpass the various challenges that come our way
May the Lord Jesus Christ's good will, God's love, and the Holy Spirit's presence be with all of you!  (2 Corinthians 13:14; God's Word Translation).

By the way, there is a song I also love by Cliff Barrows. Guess what?
It also starts with the same word "May"
May God’s blessings surround you each day,
As you trust Him and walk in His way,
May His presence within
Guard and keep you from sin,
Go in peace, go in joy, go in love.

I think I should just stop here
Have an amazing week
Loads of love, hugs and kisses as always,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Amen and Amen. Wish you the same dear namesake. T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment