Various Parts of the Body

Hello People
Good Morning, 
Good Afternoon, 
Good Evening. 
The last three greetings above are dependent on two factors; where you are reading from (location) and when you are actually reading (timing). In life, these 2 factors usually work together.
It is April already!!!
Au Revoir to Quarter 1 2017.

Hope you had a good week last week. By good, I mean that you looked hope in the face with a smile, shook hands with it and in fact you both became best friends. Don't worry, God is still able to deliver to us the things we hope in Him for. Just keep trusting, and be sure that He will come through for you.

Harmattan is finally over. Praise God!!!
Two reasons I am not so much a fan of the season are the dust and particularly this year, the heat. The heat was so bad that even Air Conditioners were finding it very hard to keep up. Now, I am so glad that at least rain has started and the weather is significantly cooler.
Don't forget the dust part. You will clean a table, go away and come back later only to find dust again. The thing really tire me.

Anyway, I was cleaning my house recently and some dust particles were dropping. In micro seconds, my brain sent signal through my nerves to my eyes muscles to close and prevent these particles from falling into them. I started thinking to myself, why did the brain have to tell the nerves to tell the muscles to shut the eye. After all, if the particle had entered, it was the eye that would have suffered and not the brain. Oh well, if the particle had really entered the eye, the brain would have sent another message to the hand to try to get it out and also sent a message to the eye which would be watery by then. The legs would have also been informed to look for a place where there was water so that the hand can rinse the eye. More body parts would have been required to partake in the consequences of the brain's action or inaction. In actual fact, my whole body would have felt the foreigner in the eye.

What am I really trying to say?
We are all one body. 
Whatever affects me affects you.
How I live my life can directly or indirectly affect how you live yours. 

"That there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together."
(1 Corinthians 12: 25 -26; English Standard Version)

"The way God designed our bodies is a model for understanding our lives together as a church: every part dependent on every other part, the parts we mention and the parts we don’t, the parts we see and the parts we don’t. If one part hurts, every other part is involved in the hurt, and in the healing. If one part flourishes, every other part enters into the exuberance." 
(1 Corinthians 12: 25 -26; The Message)

Have a wonderful week
Caring and showing concern for the other parts of the body. 
You also can do so by giving a smile and some hope.
Load of love, hugs and kisses as always
Miss Onakz...

N.B.- Please pardon my biology if I didn't get the full analogy.

Comments

Post a Comment