The Thing About Hope

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was your week?
Hope you had a beautiful one and you never forgot to smile.
Should I be very honest, I almost forgot about smiling last week especially when I had some lingering work and other personal issues. I honestly was weighed down by them to the extent that I felt physically unwell. But by yesterday, I became significantly better and I was able to genuinely smile again.
This morning, just as I got to my desk and was about to quickly write this post before I began my work for the day, someone I barely know came to tap me and say only "Good Morning" with the biggest smile I had seen it a long time. I smiled back and reminded myself again, "Miss Onakz, always smile."

Yesterday, while having my quiet time. Should I be honest again (seems like this is an honesty post), I had it yesterday not because I felt like but because I felt very drained. I didn't even feel the slightest spiritual about anything. I just told myself, "Even if the it is just your devotional that you read, you have tried." So I opened the devotional and read. After that, I picked up my bible and started reading the book of Romans. After reading my bible sweethearts, I felt significantly better. I will just write some of the passages that ministered to me yesterday:

Romans 4: 20 - 21 "He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform."(New King James Version). This passage talks about Abraham. His circumstances although very bleak did not make him loose hope. If you please, you can also read the full details in Romans 4.

Romans 5: 3- 5 "Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us."(English Standard Version). Hope brings results.

Are you a student in waiting, graduate in hope, employee in waiting, business owner/entrepreneur in waiting, husband in hope, wife in waiting, father in waiting, mother in waiting, healed in hope, debt free in waiting, millionaire in waiting...? (It just occurred to me that the list is in fact inexhaustible.) I urge you that while still in waiting or hoping, just trust God for good outcomes.

Have hope. Fully trusting God even when the circumstances do not feel like it or like Miss Onakz of last week, you feel low, down and almost out. Trust Him, that His promises do not waver and when your expectations come, it shall be a HUGE relief. Proverbs 13: 12 "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when the desire comes, it is a tree of life."(New King James Version)

Loads of love, hugs and kisses as always
With a smile added this week from me to you
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Exactly the same charge I shared at a prayer meeting on sunday. Enjoy the waiting period and remain trusting. Keep smiling beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Eny. It is sometimes hard to enjoy though. Lol...I will

      Delete
  2. Heeeyyy, I like the new look. that should tell you how long I have been here :( :) Anyway you are not alone, life itself can be so stressful these days, you just want to run away from it all. We just need to keep encouraging one another

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. It has been a very long time then.
      Welcome back!!!
      The encouragement of one another is very necessary. There's a lady on Instagram I follow. This week, she came out with her story. Oh boy, was I surprised. We are all truly going through our own issues. May God strengthen us and always make us see hope in everything. Amen.
      Have a beautiful weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment