My 2016 in Words

Compliments of the season sweethearts.
How are you doing?
How was your Christmas and Boxing Day celebrations?
Hope you really rested well, enjoyed yourself and are already making full preparations for 2017. 
Like play January 1, 2017 is just 4 days away. Wow!!!

I had a busy day yesterday with enough celebrating. Just as I laid on my bed, I thought "Babes, you haven't written your post for tomorrow o." The energy left in me couldn't even open any device so if you get this post by 11am today, I will be very glad. By the way, I sometimes think my writing alter ego is a lot more animated than me in real person. Isn't that interesting? If you know me personally, what do you think?

This is my last post for this year ladies and gentlemen. The next time you will be reading from me by the special grace of God should be on January 3, 2017. Isn't that lovely. 

Some days ago, I took stock of this year to remember how 2016 has been for me. I realised the following about the year:

  1. I was more intentional about certain activities e.g. work, saving, investing, taking care of myself, family and friends, scheduling blogging, setting up reminders for events, checking up on people e.t.c.
  2. I procrastinated on somethings e.g. an exam I was supposed to write since 2015, sadly I still haven't finished reading it.
  3. I felt and received love e.g. in addition to my last post on love finding me, I remember my colleagues turned fitness partners and now big sisters gave me a surprised celebration at work on my birthday. This is months later o and I am still overwhelmed by their show of love. Thank you so much ladies. I love and really appreciate you.
  4. I was in disciplined sometimes e.g. I had already lost over 5kg o at the earlier part of the year and was already dreaming of bringing sexy back, then guess what? I stopped being conscious and added weight back so it has become my goal in 2017 again. *Sad face*
  5. I cried hard in July and November. "Why?" I hear you thinking. I lost 2 people very very dear to me.

I was thinking of doing a small video of my year for you, then I realised I'm still trying of fall in love with taking pictures, having videos or even using my phone generally.

In all looking through the year 2016, it has been my best and most interesting year yet. Through the highs and lows, I felt God's hand leading and guiding me. I also felt love and support from you, friends and family. 

I am leaving you with a song I loved listening to in 2016. It summarises my heart of gratitude to God.


Loads of hugs, love and kisses.
Wishing you a fabulous rest of 2016 and awesome 2017.
See you in the New Year.
Miss Onakz....

Comments

  1. I wish you a wonderful 2017. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!
      Thank you so much.
      May 2017 be filled with God's extravagant grace. Amen!

      Delete
  2. Compliments of the season Tola. I think your writing alter ego and you are the same because whenever I read your blog I can picture you talking to me. Sometimes your writing is more serious even I think though. Anyway wow that song I 1st heard it at the experience and that word Onise Iyanu has stuck with me. It beautifully describes my relationship with God this year. I think I can learn from you especially about being intentional and stop procrastinating(this is my biggest problem right now). Sorry about your loss, may God comfort you. You will enter 2017 with love, joy and peace. Amen. Thanks for blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My darling Funke. Lol...Thank you so much. Really? Sometimes, I feel like someone else on the keyboard. Thanks for confirming that I am still the same person. Amen!!!
      Wishing you an amazing 2017 too. May it be pouring with all God's amazing blessings for you, Amen!!!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you a blessed and fulfilled 2017.
    And thanking GOD for 2016...it's by HIS MERCY O.
    Listening and liking the song of praise...GOD is every faithful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!
      Thank you so much Nitty Gritty for stopping by here regularly. I really appreciate you and all your comments.
      Happy 2017 to you and all yours. May it be filled with the abundance of God's goodness and grace upon us.
      Have a wonderful year.

      Delete

Post a Comment