A Guy's Need, A Lady's Want

R.E.S.P.E.C.T

In very recent times, I had conversations with quite a number of guys on relationships and all. I love listening to people's experiences on life and every kind of relationship (God, family, friends, dating, courtship, marriage...) At every opportunity, I just must listen to get different opinions and learn as much as I can.

Especially with dating, a very usual theme that comes up from my conversation with guys is "Girls don't know what they want". Sometimes, I am tempted to admit those words with a thick lump in my throat after listening to different situations. Anyway, as a young lady and an advocate of women, I have decided to help guys by telling them what exactly we want. I'm struggling to ensure that I'm not stereotypical to put all ladies/guys into a mold.

In my growing career as a young lady with my professional experience spanning the fraction of a century, I can say without doubt that we want what you need, RESPECT. Guys want girls to honor them. A guy wants to be treated by a lady as a chief, the wisest guy that ever existed, an intelligent man, fine boy no pimples, when he smiles, it's dimples... These are what you want us to portray you are, right?

Girls want something simpler, love. We breathe it, think it, grow it, dream it, nurse it and aim for it. I read a phrase quite recently that characterizes how we operate "I am what I think you think I am". Perception is really important in every relationship and we have to perceive that you respect our words, thoughts and actions. The things you say matter but the things you don't say matter more. The smile you give says volumes, so do the messages you send, the way you look at us and all that we think and know you do to us, for us and about us. We grow on the thoughts we think you think and act about us. Therefore, please speak to us nicely, of us sweetly, with us lovingly and all we would think of is this amazing guy.

Whether respect, honor or love, the conclusion I draw is that we all want to be treated with ESTEEM.

Comments

  1. Nice one Tola! I totally concur!!! And more times than not, I have been forced to reverse those very words and say ''Guys don't know what they want''. I like the simplicity of your words 'A girl wants what a guy needs' RESPECT. Pls treat us with esteem and handle with care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Enitan. LoL, I love your comment. Honestly, some guys don't know what they really want too. We carry a fragile tag.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Kayo Bayo in the house commenting, this is great. Thanks a lot Bayo.

      Delete
  3. Lovely thoughts out nicely.....keep up the good work Tola.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely put Toliie

    ReplyDelete
  5. On the spot and nicely written too. This should come with the relationship handbook. My first time here and I'll surely be coming back.
    http://riobymoonlight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Rio, a handbook is a great idea. Looking forward to having you here again.

      Delete
  6. So on point and wise! I totally agree with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment