Just Prodigal

I choose tonight to look at the story of the prodigal son found in the book of Luke 15: 11-32. Jesus decided to tell this story to give us a glimpse of what happens in heaven when a son returns to God. 
A lot of times, like the prodigal son, I take my blessings and inheritances from the Father and I disappear, only to reappear after I have been frustrated by the world and the different circumstances offered by this life. I sometimes think I need to enjoy a little only to be beaten and see that full and maximum enjoyment comes from the throne of grace. 
While watching "Heart of the Father", I saw the story of the prodigal son in new light and decided to share. 
The Father loved his sons and had a lot of beautiful plans for them. I'm sure he was taking them to his businesses and making them complete deals for him. He made his sons aware that he was working for them and for their children. His account status was probably known to them so each son knew how much money the businesses were making and how much investment the father had. 
The last son was sick and tired of being daddy's boy. The driver took him to school everyday and brought him back home to complete some business for daddy but the boys in his class made him realise that a lot of things happened after school hours. To enjoy the fullness with his friends, he decided "since daddy worked for me, let me take my money now. There's no need to wait for the future till daddy dies or is too old." He asked his dad for his share and his dad gives it to him. I don't want to imagine what the dad would have been thinking. "Maybe he would get back to his senses, maybe he would just surprise me and invest wisely". After collecting the inheritance, the son just ups one day and out. Father is in shock, elder brother can not understand it. The house in Antilla, Mumbai worth $1billion sold, the one in V.I. sold, properties given to him have been exchanged for money. The son's room hasn't changed much. Just his MACBOOK PRO gone. His bank documents disappeared and a few cloths. Day 1, 2, 3, ...10.... no last son. I believe the father must have prayed, fasted, dreamt about seeing his son but time passes and no one's back.
Son was up and about enjoying. Friends that are 'too wonderful' are with him. As bobo kan nice, he has no choice than to make them bask in his life. Touring the states and trying his hands on some investments. The financial crunch is affecting badly and business is failing.  Money is steadily reducing and so are his friends. He wakes up one day to realise that he has overdrawn his account. Friends have disappeared and there's no one to turn to. He tried his hands on jobs here and there but its not adding up. With bills to pay, he can'y afford anything. House eviction, sack from work, begging, that what made him realise that "How many of my father's hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger!"(Verse 17B). He packs himself because I'm sure there's no load to carry and returns home. On getting home, he applies to become one of his father's servant but daddy refuses, sees him afar off and runs to give him a hug and kisses, then immediately organises a party. I often wonder what the guests thought. Why is he inviting me because his run away son, omo ti o ti baje ju yen ti pada  wale. O jebi. Ko ba ti sonu (That spoilt child is back home. Why did he come back? He should have remained missing). 
The elder brother returns from work to find canopies in front of the house with a live band singing happily. He's upset. Why would daddy waste his money on that stupid boy. But daddy says no, all I have is yours boy. Be glad your brother is home.
I'm sure the younger son must have worked extra had when he returned to work. He now understood that daddy made the best business decisions and knows more about it all than he could ever think. Daddy has got the experience. 

God's blessings on me wouldn't short change you in any way. His resources are able to go round us all. That is why he created us as His children and loves us so dearly.
As children, we could stray but we should always learn to return home fast before we embarrass our Father
Even though the child gets burnt by the fire, the father feels the pain 
-Heart of the Father (Papa: Russell Costen)
Whenever we go astray, God is hurt and he aches that we should return to his bosom immediately.
Sometimes, he makes us wait before we get things and allows us to go through stuff so we would appreciate the things he gives to us.

Prayer: Lord, a lot of times I stray and err. Please help me to always return home before its late and also that I may grow fast to realise that Your arms is the best place I should rather be. Thank You so much Daddy for always having me back, and wiping my tears. Lord, as always, I return. Please as I have become older today, help me to rely on You in everything in Jesus name, Amen. 

Comments

  1. Honestly! I have disappeared plenty times too X_x It's all only by God's grace oh! Sometimes i don't even know what He sees in me, you know?

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love the fact that God loves us unconditionally, even when we've lost our way! Happy Belated Birthday Tola Tollie :) whoop! whoop! \:D/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adiya, true. I think He sees Himself in us and loves us through all our faults. Thanks a lot.

    Funke, thank you so much for exposing me. Yes, He ALWAYS loves us. No matter what we do, I'm learning that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we need some of these truths sometimes to get us back in place! nicely written!

    ReplyDelete
  5. makes sense oh....its just easy to get lost. I like the way your blog looks now!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot Nonye for dropping by and following.

    Sisi Yemmie, thanks a lot. Been working on it for yonks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment