I Surrender

When Jesus was about to be killed, it wasn't so easy to accept and surrender to the will of the Father. Matthew 26:49 "And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will” (ESV). He told God how He truly felt about the situation, then He remembered that it wasn't about Him, but it was the will of the Father that mattered the most.

Now, I have come to this far and all I'm learning is God's will be done. His will may not be my will, my plan or my way. But I surrender all the same in obedience and worship. I know I can connect to strength from above. If He planned it for me, I'm sure He will definitely be with me every step of the way. E. Stanley Jones said, "If you don't surrender to Christ, you surrender to chaos".


This song says it all. It wasn't easy but Christ did Your will. Lord, if He can, then I don't have much of a choice but to surrender to Your will and say, AMEN.

Comments

  1. this is lovely!! you know saying Father your will be done is the easy part, going through his will; well the not so easy part. its all by his grace
    My Prayer: Let your will be done in my life oh Lord and give me the grace to go through it AMEN

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Anonymous,"Father let your will be done is easier said than experienced" We just have to pray for Grace and Strength to carry on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment