For Marriage

Quite interesting that singles especially have a lot of description for marriage
The right spouse and the best life in matrimony
Talk and talk like we were married a few seconds before
A long list of rights and wrongs
The list showing what we need to do and who we need to be
We all know the answers to questions like we are going to gain points
Since we would be scored by "our teachers"
And get gold stars at the end of the day
Book after book
Message after message
We have read and listened

Listened to a message on marriage today and it just exposed how much I thought I knew
I thought I had answers to all marriage questions after reading a number of books
Books on relationship birthed my love for reading so I could boldly say I have read quite a number
However, this message expose my lack of knowledge
Got a few quotes that I would love to share.
Please feel free to interprete in anyway you please
   "Marriage is a school for character, patience, submission and loyalty"
   "The best marriage is between a deaf man and a blind woman"
   "Women should have some level of shyness"- This is quite interesting
   "Love is doing something that makes someone else happy"
   "Place value on your partner"
These quotes don't seem like something out of the blues but the message felt practical and not a number of laws set to be followed. For me, they just felt like water in a thirsty land.
Hope you had a wonderful read.


*Thanks a lot for reading
**I would love your opinion on the matter
***I think I'm getting my blog mojo back this season so I would just maximise it

Yours truly,
Miss Onaks

Comments

  1. I think when it comes to relationships, we keep learning everyday. Those quotes are mostly true though one has to bear in mind that all marriages, individuals and relationships are different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marriages scare me. Blind and deaf? That sounds like someone willing to be a mugu lol. The thing i think, is mutual respect and understanding-but then, i'm in no position to talk since i'm not married lol

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only advice i ever give is the one my father gave me. Look for one that is ever after God's heart and learn how to cook. LOL! But really though these things are relative to individuals. by the way, iLike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment