Are Your Insecurities Still Masked?

Hello My People
How are you doing?
Thank you so much for reading my posts and encouraging me to be better than I previously was. For those of you who buzzed to ask for the end of the story in the last post, that's the end o. I have not yet gotten another opportunity to sit or stand by my crush and I have since moved on from the Instagram gist too...Lol. If I ever get an opportunity, maybe I'll just tell him about that post 😄.

Still on this matter of insecurities, the last post was about feeling low, right? This post is about feeling like Madam too good. Conquering insecurities is a constant battle I am dealing with but I'm getting better. I think everyone has something that sometimes  makes us feel "lesser than normal". We sometimes cower under it or throw tantrums to get above them. 


I used to be a bully, you know? I always thought "I will never allow ANYBODY take advantage of me." You could call it small person syndrome or Naija sense or whatever names people used to identify when insecurities are masked to oppress others. So I would harass, cajole or arm twist a person to do whatever I wanted. If you want to hear the full gist of my bullying skills or people that I have bullied, ask...........me 😉. Shame if you stopped reading this just to think if I had ever bullied you though. I'm also sorry if I ever actually bullied you. 

I also used to enjoy taking negatively about people. For that one, I'll give you an instant story. Am I not just amazing? I was gisting with my friends sometime ago when someone passed right in front of us. My friends did not know the person at all but being the custodian of the greatest gist to affect planet earth, I started to run my mouth. I proceeded to give them the various "info" I had heard. I must add that I hasn't witnessed any of the things I heard or said. My friends and I did the awwws and ahhhs over the gist, then moved on to other topics. Minutes later, guilt began to creep in. I was sad for some minutes but oh well, I moved on. At least, my friends had heard the gist and I "felt" good because I was not her. I mean, I was way "better" than her. 

I remembered the incident months later and guess the question that came to my mind "What if her situation happens to you?" Hmmmm, I sat up. "God please, I beg and pray that it never happens to me." In that moment, it occurred to me how much I had hurt her. I only could now feel the hurt  because I could now think about what happened to her and imagined myself in it. 

As you progress in this week, please take a moment to think of people you might have hurt with the breath that comes out of your mouth when your teeth and tongue are on a row just because you want to feel better than "them". 

Have a wonderful week my beautiful people. 
Loads of love, hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Masking insecurities is like a badly treated wound. It's all plastered outside but inside the wound is not treated well and if care is not taken, will start to rot. I remember being sexually abused as a child. It took me more than 15 years to get over that but during the course of those years, I was very angry, angry at everyone but mostly at myself. I cut myself with words, belittled myself and lost my self confidence. And since you can only give what you have, I did the same to others. Thank God for Jesus as my mum will say. I had to deal with that abuse first after which I have found peace. May God continually make us more like him. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!!!
      Thank you so much for your comment. I just saw it today.
      Your analogy is really beautiful. Hidden wounds actually rot and what we give to others (how we act with others) is truly what is in us.

      Delete

Post a Comment