Somethings Should Never Be Stolen

Hello People!

How are you doing?

Good week?

Oh well, mine started alright then as it’s been happening for a while now, I lost track of the days of the week. I woke up this morning to realise it’s already Saturday and I hadn’t written this week’s post. 

Better later than never, right?


Part of my confusion this week has been because of my obsession with the American election. My people, they held election on Tuesday. It’s Saturday and they’ve still left us waiting for results. We have slept and woken up for how many times now?

My people in the USA, how far? We still dey wait after how many days. To make things worse, the polls are just too close for comfort so I’m just sitting at the edge of my chair. 


Anyway, let me gist you what happened to me earlier this week. I was watching something online when my video suddenly stopped playing. At first, I thought the battery of the WiFi router was dead so I intended to quickly complete what I was doing before I went to turn it back on. Moments later, I was able to get to the router and I found it was not off but my devices were not recognising the network. I was really confused. Turned it on and off but I kept seeing another network name that wasn’t mine. After some back and forth, I realised that someone had “stolen” my network, changed the name and password then threw me out of it. Luckily for me, I called the network service provider and was able to get it back. Of course, I have changed my password to a whole new sentence so I don’t get scammed again. 


With that experience, I kept wondering about ways we have allowed things, events  and people to unconsciously and consciously steal our joy. Things that we don’t have at the moment but really want, people that have not been kind to us, people that have what we want, events that have left you without a come back, etc. 


Sometimes, when we refuse to dwell on what is really important, we open ourselves for sadness, hurt and heartbreak. Maybe if I hadn’t left my WiFi admin password as "admin", I won’t have given room for it to be “stolen” in the first place. Changing the admin password for me and you can mean focusing on what you enjoy, giving room for improvement in areas that you can and cherishing and protecting what you have. 


Seems like different things are happening around that can threaten your joy, your sanity, your values and you as a person. Please guard yourself. 




I’m not saying that every time hurt comes it’s your fault or it’s because something was stolen. Rather, what I’m saying is that you should guard your heart from the things that you really cannot control and work on the areas, attitudes, views, perceptions or dreams that need to be improved upon. 


Saying the Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892–1971), "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference" summarises this post beautifully. 


Have a wonderful weekend. 

Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Nice one Tola ๐Ÿ‘ I love the summary of your post with the serenity prayer. Have a great weekend dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... Thanks for the kind reminder, Tola. We need to focus on what's really important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment