"Ah God! It Must Work. Please Make It Work."

Hello People!
Long time no see abi na long time no hear?
How are you doing?
Hope the past weeks have been going really well and you have started Christmas countdown?
Guess what?
It is exactly a month to Christmas! 
I mean 36 days to 2021!
Aren't you glad? 
If you are like me, you will be really excited.

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote but above all, I am very grateful to God for life and all.

One of my favourite Nollywood movies of all time is the 2001 Tunde Kelani movie titled "Thunderbolt: Magun". I love the movie so much that I watch it every year, sometimes more than once.

Anyway, this morning a scene from that movie came to mind this morning while I was starting my day. It is in the first 11 minutes of the movie after her husband had subtly accused her of infidelity. She was remembering what her ex boyfriend said and thinking out loud, she said "Ah God! It must work. Please make it work." The movie can be watched on YouTube with the embedded link. 
Did you watch it?
Have you watched it?
Did you sense her exasperation?

I can imagine that there are areas of your life that you desperately want God to work in. 
Honestly for me, them plenty!
I can tell you for free that He is already working.
Sometimes, you get to those stops, curves or places because He brought you there in the first place to do His own thing.
What I can also tell you at no additional cost is that His working may not be according to your ways. 

Remember the story of Naaman and Elisha in the Bible? 
2 Kings 5, please read it.
Naaman, a notable commander of the army of the king of Aram. 
He must have initially thought when he took the letter to the King's palace, the King would read the letter, call the Prophet and he would be healed in the palace. Isn't that noble? Oh well, when that didn't happen, I imagine Naaman lost hope. Then he was informed to go to Elisha's house. Hope might have risen again because he went with his convoy. Only to get there and he wasn't even seen by the Prophet but Elisha instructed his messenger to tell him to wash in the Jordan. 

From the Palace to Elisha's messenger to washing in Jordan, I am not sure the level of humiliation he must have felt. Also adding to his insecurities of being a leper.
I also don't want to think of the sequence of his disappointment and utter embarrassment.
Guess what? When he carried himself to Jordan to wash 7 times, he was restored.

Well of late, I have been having a lot more "Ah God! It must work. Please make it work" moments.
I guess my honest struggle is that I although I acknowledge that He is working, I want Him to work the way I choose.
Sometimes, I still struggle with fully trusting His ways.
God help me!
And if you are in my shoes, God help you too!
Equal to saying "God help us!"

My people, have an amazing rest of the week.
Loads of love!
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Ah! Father it must Work O..... I still prayed saying this to God before I slept yesterday. And it must work for you too my dearest friend, Tola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm......this is very true. May God give us the grace to trust Him and know that he is working behind the scene. Amen. Thank you Tola...wishing you a great week too👍

    ReplyDelete
  3. This a really a constant struggle for many of us. Having plans and believing that God will make it work exactly the way we have planned. Thanks for sharing the movie link ooo. I loved that movie so much especially one of the songs. Off to watch the parts with the song now..lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment