Wrapped in His Goodness and Love

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was your week?
Good one?
I saw the first strand of grey hair right in the middle of my head this week. 
To think that in primary school, I liked to sit on my school bag in the car so that I appeared older. And just as I am getting acquainted to being called madam up and down, I see a strand of the grey hair my hair dresser told me about months ago.
I am still trying to get around how I feel about it.

Anyway, let us conclude on the Psalm 23 series. Shall we look at verse 6?
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. 
Psalm 23:6 (New Living Translation)

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. 
Psalm 23:6 (King James Bible)

Your kindness and love will always be with me each day of my life, and I will live forever in your house, LORD. 
Psalm 23:6 (Contemporary English Version)

Surely: (adverb) used to emphasize the speaker's firm belief that what they are saying is
                             true and often their surprise that there is any doubt of this.
Goodness: (noun) the quality of being good
Mercy: (noun) compassion or forgiveness shown towards someone whom it is within one's
                          power to punish or harm.

Have you ever thought about this sentence as a matter of fact? 
So even if David was unsure of what he was writing in verses 1 -5 (which is impossible by the way), he certainly knew that he would enjoy goodness and mercy everyday and would live in God's house forever. As in when you aren't even thinking about it, God's goodness (kindness) and mercy (unfailing love) will be with you. Sleeping, eating, upset, lounging ... God is always with you.
Wouldn't it make more sense if you acknowledged His presence and made great use of it?

Shall we read this in Common English Bible:
The Lord is my shepherd. I lack nothing.
He lets me rest in grassy meadows; He leads me to restful waters;
He keeps me alive. He guides me in proper paths for the sake of His good name.
Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I fear no danger because you are with me. Your rod and your staff— they protect me.
You set a table for me right in front of my enemies. You bathe my head in oil; my cup is so full it spills over!
Yes, goodness and faithful love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the Lord’s house as long as I live.
Psalm 23

Have a wonderful weekend friends...xxx
Knowing your shepherd has your back always and He intends to always expose you to all His good(ness), mercy, kindness, faithful and unfailing love.
Loads of love, hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Reminders like these are great. Currently praying for someone who has a terminal sickness. She's an only child of her mother who is in her 70s. Even as we trust God for her healing, I have been questioning God's goodness. Why would he allow a mother see her only child sick and dying? However I trust that somehow, God will give her us a testimony.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment