Never About A, B, C or D

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was your week?
Hope you read the post published last week and aren't too mad that I was missing for two whole weeks.
Anyway, I am really glad to be back.
I am working towards our obligatory Tuesday dates again.
Seems like life was a significantly more orderly then.
But I still owe you the 2 post I missed.
The plan is to have a minimum of 52 posts by the end of 2017.
Can I hear an "Amen!"

This morning, I remembered some childhood days.
Then, my mum was the most difficult person in the whole world to me and I will be illustrating why with some of the scenarios below:
Scenario 1,
I make a request + Daddy said "yes" + Mummy said "No" = NO
Scenario 2, 
I make a request to Mummy first (my naive way of campaigning) + Mummy is not pleased + Mummy discusses with Daddy = NO
If you made a request, my mum would typically ask you why.
Scenario 3,
Me: Mummy, please can I go to school with this pen?
Mum: Why?
Me: Because my friend brought her daddy's own to school yesterday
Mum: NO

I learnt really fast that if I wanted anything because anybody else had or wanted it, the answer was almost certainly NO. Why, I wondered. And she would answer "I don't think you need it. Your only reason was because your friends had it". My "this friend had it" reason was never good enough for her. So one day in my frustration, when she asked why I wanted something, I answered not sure of her response "Because I like it" and viola, my Mum said I could have it. Wow!!! So I could get something just because I wanted it and not "I want it because ... had it?" That simple?! 

At the beginning of the week, I found myself telling God I wanted something but in a different way. The request in itself was not bad. Until I felt God decided to play mummy on me and ask me why I wanted it that way and the only honest answer I had was "...because A had it this way". Why did I need my request only based on what A had and not what I really wanted? Imagine you went to a restaurant and saw guests having dinner. You looked a someone's plate, then called the waiter to say you wanted the exact content on one of the guests plate without checking the menu or asking any questions. After all, you can see the food physically. The food gets to your table and then you remember that you are allergic to seafood and the meal was really seafood pasta. How would you feel?

My admonition is that you spent time identifying your real needs and wants, not focusing on how A has it or B doesn't. How yours must just be different because you intend to make C jealous. 
Sometimes, #pepperthem yields no true satisfaction.
I hope my speech wasn't too long today.
Have a wonderful week.
Loads of love, hugs and kisses as always,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. How coincidental! I just posted something similar!
    Differentiating our needs from our wants makes a lot of difference in our lives and life easier for us!

    Yes, we need shelter, but what kind of shelter can you afford? We need food, but what kind of food can you afford? We need clothes, but what kind of clothes? This is where our wants comes to play ...I want duplex ... I want soup with assorted meat ...I want designers ...

    Contentment is the key word ... your needs is different from others .. so face your lane ... it will be very embarrassing to answer your question.

    what is this 'pepperdem' I am seeing all over the place? What do one gain from making another jealous? It is inviting trouble upon oneself, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our minds were in sync then...LOL
      For pepperthem, defining it is a struggle o but it's when achieve success for others to see & get jealous. It was in a song by Olamide.
      Thanks a million Nitty.

      Delete

Post a Comment