The Safest is Always Home!!!

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was your week?
Hope you are very well and things are good.
I'm very well too. Still a very busy first quarter 2017 for me. 
I'm working on a new project, a new responsibility with a new client and it has been a great experience.

Now, to the gist of today.
I attended a boarding secondary school in Lagos, Nigeria for 6 years. 
Immediately I got dropped off in school, I started looking forward to the next mid-term break or holiday. I remember sometimes whenever I fell ill or had any reason to be out of school, I used to be so happy to be given exeat (permission to leave school). I remember wailing hysterically when I lost my grand father so that I could just be allowed to go home. 
Most times, I felt significantly better as soon as I was in the car. Even the hostel Matron once told my mum that she thought I used to pretend be sick so I could be allowed to go home. 

What's my point?
Home for me was safe.
Home for me was a place of good rest.
At home, I couldn't be harassed by seniors or worked up by my mates.
No teacher's drama or early morning duty. 
At home, I could be with my family (especially before I sisters joined me).
I was free to be me in my father's house.
And that's what heaven is.

Last year, I lost a few precious people.
And in this year when I started hearing of losses again, I started to ask questions.
I understand that we are on earth for a season but why are people dying and why are we here on earth feeling sad they are leaving?

Then like a light bulb moment, it occurred to me that those that are assured of home are quite happy because they are free from the drama that those of us here on earth are still going through.
We are sad because would miss them (our mates miss us while we aren't in school) and we still had our responsibilities in school. Sometimes, those responsibilities are shared with them. We also have great memories of them too.
Heaven is a safe place, free from earth's drama.
Full of beauty, love and more than everything we can ever dream of.

So on my grieving days, I am assured that those we love have become angels and have gone on to rest and watch over us. Till we meet again when we (here) are permitted by God to leave earth.

Have a wonderful week people.
Loads of love, hugs and kisses.
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Such an emotional post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think I know your feeling. Thanks so much Bolanle. I really appreciate...xxx

      Delete
  2. Home is home and will always be...also until the final day when we meet our creator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home is always the best. Thank you so much Nitty...xxx

      Delete
  3. this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment