Healthy Credit for Withdrawals

Hello People
How are you doing? (This question isn't an ice breaker, I really want to know)
Welcome to February
Hope this month has been fabulous for you so far
May all the days of February be filled with fantastic news for you and I in Jesus name.

A few weeks ago, a friend did something touching for my family and I. While I was thanking her, she saw no big deal until I explained to her what I thought and felt by her actions. Thank you so much dear friend, I'm still very grateful. (I know you will read this and be smiling).

I once bounced to an ATM to withdraw some money. Put in my card, entered my PIN, selected the option to withdraw and then the amount. After a few seconds, I saw the message "Insufficient Funds" and my card was returned. As I was about to walk away from the machine, someone asked me if the machine was dispensing. I quite boldly said "No, the machine has insufficient cash". (Just imagine that). Well, that was what I processed the message displayed on the screen of the ATM to mean. It was only when I had left the area that I thought "Oh no, the ATM doesn't have insufficient cash to give me. I am the one without adequate funds to withdraw from my account".

Human interactions are based on our investments/deposits and withdrawals in/with people. Many of us have heard of the term emotional bank account, right? Consciously or unconsciously, we all practice it. Let me give you an example of how. A tells you to assist with something, you say "I'm sorry I can't or it's not convenient or any of those excuses that make you and A know that you can't assist at that point in time". Then B comes and asks you for that same help, you try your best to do it for B but not A. What changed? Sometimes, we think it is because we are in a good mood and just want to help B out, but the truth of the matter is that we are in a "good mood" because B has a healthy emotional balance with us and A doesn't.

In addition to the investing of time and money (I expect you are doing this already), also invest more in people. It can be as little as a good morning, a message, a call to check up or a private jet, a house in the South of France.... (The list of investments are actually endless). The funny thing about this issue is that it is the receiver that knows the actual worth/value of your deposits. 

Galatians 6: 10  says "So then, whenever we have the opportunity, let's practice doing good to everyone, especially to the family of faith." (International Standard Version). So that whenever you want to make withdrawals, you don't get your request back in your face and think there's something wrong with the other person when the answer is simply that you haven't invested enough in the relationship you want to make demands from. Sometimes, a person can still has other valid reasons for rejecting your request or expectations though.

I feel like saying Happy Valentine's Day in advance since as Nigerians we greet for everything.
I'm receiving deposits for Vals, just in case you see me as worthy for emotional credit from you 😉
Have a very wonderful week
Filled always with loads of love, joy, hugs and kisses
Miss Onakz...



Comments

  1. This is quite true......we tend not to treat everyone equally even though we are fair to all. Everything is about relationships. Same with our relationship with God. Jesus (at the tomb) said 'Mary' and immediately she recognised it was 'raboni'. However, for those two on the way to emmaus,they saw him, heard him and didn't recognise him until he broke bread with them. Lesson; our relationship determines how sensitive and how much we get even from God. God bless you O'tola!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Akin. I am very sorry for the late response. The last 2 weeks were too busy for me with work.
      True, relationships define life and our sensitiveness to God and others. I love the way you tied it to the bible stories.
      Amen!!! God bless you too Akin.
      I really appreciate.

      Delete
  2. A very interesting topic..just like saying, 'do unto others, as you want them to do to you' ...as the bible also says, rejoice with those who are rejoicing ... when you go out of your way to do things for people, they reciprocate back when an issue arises, because every action gets a reaction.

    I went to a party and the host was telling his friend he was late. The friend laughed sarcastically, 'YOU! That comes when a party is almost over and still leave before every one else?'

    We think, people are not observing how we relate with them and others in little things, ..like greetings, smiles, sharing important or random info? .. even in blogging, it is, you scratch my back, I scratch yours :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nitty. I am so sorry for the late response. I am on a new project at work so it is taking a lot of my time.
      People watch, see and always respond to what we give them.
      Lol...funny but it's very true and applicable.
      I really appreciate.
      Have a wonderful week.

      Delete

Post a Comment