From My Heart

This past week taught me the definition of friendship again.

For a long time, I carried on fear about friends. My constant thoughts were "I allow you this close but not so close so I don't hurt you and you don't break me" or " I give you some information so you don't know enough to harm me and I don't ask a thousand questions so I don't know too". To me, that was mutual, you stay in your place and I stay in mine. Of course people proved me right and I learnt to let go.

But one lesson I learnt between the 18th to the 21st November 2011 is that friendship is about mutual respect and openness. I always knew this but I learnt a personal definition for my friendships. Until you find people you can talk to without being ashamed or scared or criticized, I say plainly, you are still on a journey to identify your friends.

As humans, we carry a lot of baggage that can only be off loaded in words.
Enough wrongs that people did to us
Enough lessons that we want to learn
Enough issues we need to see
Enough love we have to share

Life is awesome, if only we had an extra hand to hold us as we move
An extra ear to listen as we speak
An extra mouth to speak as we live
An extra heart to treasure the things we hold dear

Life would be incredibly amazing if we were and had the most amazing people in the world to call: 
OUR FRIENDS.

Image from google

Thanks ATE

Comments

  1. True, one needs people to laugh with and also people who drive you crazy every once in a while... but most importantly people who encourage you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friendship is verrrrrry important, true friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am your by force freind LOL! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm writing a story about friendship, it's such an unquantifiable thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thank God everyday for my friends. We can't underestimate how important it is to have someone to talk to without being criticized

    Adiya
    Muse Origins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks all, the importance of friends can never be over-emphasized.
    @ Myne, I'd like to read your story

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment