A Story: Your Judgement?

I've had this in my draft since July. I wanted to try out writing a story. What do you think?

It was 5:53pm on Friday. It was a beautiful summer evening with the sun beginning to set and the wind was blowing perfectly. So perfect was the wind that the skirts of ladies and their very precious weaves followed its direction.
I had just returned from work after the 10 minute traffic on the highway. I took off my work mind set, had a warm shower and changed into my pyjamas. I decided I wasn't going to step my front door for anything. I planned to have dinner, watch TV with my lights out and I snooze. That's the best way to start the weekend I knew. After all, my Saturday and Sunday had been filled already with visits, a wedding, and other activities. I wanted to rest before I began the cat race again in three days. I thought to myself that I needed a holiday badly. One I would check into the some place special to rest for a few days but that wasn't in sight since my colleague was on maternity leave and wouldn't be back till three months coupled with the financial year end report I had to prepare.
Just as the microwave warmed my dinner, I heard my phone ring from my bag. At first, I ignored it praying to be left in peace. It stopped after the fourth ring and I was glad. Then a minute later, it started again, this time it refused to stop. I waited and waited for it to stop but it didn't, I guess I had no choice than to pick up. Without looking at the name, I touched the green button. All I heard was "Hi, I'm headed to yours. Would pick you up in 20", then the click and I immediately regretted picking up the call in the first place. I knew that voice so who it was wasn't a question. I also knew I didn't have an excuse. 
I just left the kitchen with my food still in the microwave, turned off the lights and headed to my room. I had to change fast. As tired as I was, I still  wanted to look pretty. Who wouldn't if Rotimi was coming in a few minutes. I knew we wouldn't go to a resturant because he always complained that it was usually over crowded at weekends. So I stood in front of my wardrobe thinking of what to wear. I hated the idea of anything formal since I just got out of one. In the end, I settled for the colours orange and black. In a few minutes, I was done and waiting for the evening. Twenty minutes became forty, then sixty and this gentleman hadn't arrived.
Finally after my patience had its perfect work, my tummy was rumbling in hunger and my mouth was filling with words to destroy, then I heard his horn. My heart told me to run back into my pyjamas to signal the end of the evening but I choose otherwise. I opened the door and all my words disappeared.  

Comments

  1. Omo T,

    The Intro is fantsatic! really!.

    OK, lets complete this story on time for us to read.

    Ciao love
    Titus.O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infact after that read all that was in my head was where's the rest of the story?! this is lovely! Oya complete :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tola sinceeeeeee!!!1 this is not fair o. We are waiting on you sha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment