The Heart's Beat

This is the age of responsibility and accountability
Information floods the gates of ears, eyes, mouths and hearts daily
And with them, we have to make optimum use

Recently, with all these information
I have learnt a trick
That works sometimes
One not so new but gives me peace 
I learnt to listen to my heart

The rhythms 
Causing me to dance in particular ways

We all have the notes to life's music 
But it is the rhythm our hearts play that matter

When all life's activities want to dictate steps to take,
When I'm tempted to listen to the cheers or boos of this world,
I thank God for a place called WAIT and a button called PAUSE
With these two, I can stop briefly to truly ask one important question
WHAT IS MY HEART SAYING?!!
If I can choose the beat in my heart, then I am responsible for it with my thoughts and actions

Comments

Post a Comment