Thought from My Mind VIII

For a while I just stopped dreaming
I didn't have the eyes to see the future anymore
I had no fresh plans for the morrow
I think I just lost connection
Lost the will to dream
Got carried away with life's activities
Focused a lot on the now
Got lost in the crowd
That I didn't even hear my heart's cry
Wanted what others wanted
Thought the way they thought
Acted the way they acted
Just wanted the basics from life
Enough to go by
Work, get married, have children, retire
And live happily ever after
The type that happens in fairy tales
I didn't think of my skills

But I thank God for God
Thank God for His word written to me
Thank God for His Spirit
Thank God for ideas preciously conceived and written
Thank God that I can hold on to grace
Thank God that I can write a vision
Since I'm sure of better days ahead
Thank God for His breath
Thank God for the time and unique clay texture He used to form me
The one that makes me different
The one that makes me sure of Psalm 139: 14 "I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well" (ESV).
Therefore now, I happily follow the instruction of His word in Habakkuk 2:2 "And the Lord answered me: 'Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it" (ESV).
Now, I dare to run with the assignment written for me to fulfil
I dare to dream and move to break grounds
And hope you will do the same

Comments

  1. its 11 am...i will go back to bed and start dreaming. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwh....... almost thot it was one of Shakespeare's pieces. yh.., it's that good. i admire the courage cos it does take alot of nerve to put urself out there. i like, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisi Yemmie, thanks a lot. Don't worry, you can dream at any time. I just hope you don't have any appointment you can miss by going back to bed at 11am (LOL).
    Thanks a lot Tolu, I have a very wide smile on my face. Its a pity blacks can't blush.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a hot topic for me at the moment, PLANNING. I really *like*
    I didn't have a vision, like after grad what will happen if the job didn't come, what if the man didn't come? I've always lived that anything goes way of life, now working towards having one. Having a vision ultimately gives you a defined life and knowing God's plan for one's life is the best thing your life is SETTLED!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funke, thanks. I agree. For a while, I didn't too. But now, I'm painting one in my heart with the colours in the Word of God. Its still Work In Progress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What really counts is that I can take the bold step to dare to dream and move on...thank God for vision and life...

    lovely piece...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rita, I totally agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice write up.

    I like that you wrote - "Now, I dare to run with the assignment written for me to fulfill" aka not my will but yours be done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We must never stop dreaming. Ever! Till we die. True talk

    Adiya
    http://thecornershopng.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Koinonia. True, its His will.
    Thanks Adiya, Really, we shouldn't. Its what makes life worthwhile because we know there are things to achieve.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment