March 11, 2011

For a while now, I have been trusting God for quite a number of things but this week proved to me that He is ever mindful of His children. He cares so much for us and He wants us to be very well. I woke up yesterday morning expectant of a package I have been praying for, sure God was faithful and it was delivered. 
When I settled in to start my day, I heard of the Earthquake and Tsunami in Japan and other countries. Just then I knew He's reminding us again that He is coming very soon. I said a "Peace be still" prayer and continued with my day. 


Getting my acts together, I got another news that was a blow to me. My sister sends me a message in tears. Someone dear has gone back to be with the Master to be celebrated by the angels on the other side. He has been welcomed home as a faithful servant and he said his goodbye to earth. It's a shock to me. It sent me to bed immediately. I was hoping to wake up and it would be a dream but it wasn't so. Been awake for a few hours now and it's still true. Tears are in my eyes as I hit the keypads. But I am reminded  of Romans 11: 33 "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgements, and his ways past finding out". Nothing and no one can question His authority. When He says its time, its the end. 


I pray for strength,  for the people that have lost possessions. I pray for comfort for the families that mourn. I know that all this has happened for Isaiah 28: 21 to be fulfilled  "...that He may do His work, His strange work; and bring to pass His act, His strange act" and Psalm 35:27 says“...Great is the Lord, who delights in the welfare of his servant!” Therefore today, I choose as always to sing but this time, I want to share a wonderful song of my Maker and the one that comes to my heart is:


"You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvellous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard
Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depths of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty, enthroned above
And I stand, I stand in awe of You
I stand, I stand in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of You"

I hope you will say a word of pray because we all need it as we prepare for our Father's return. I also hope you are sure of the love that our Saviour has for us. 

Comments

  1. May the Lord bless the departed and may the living bear these strange events to heart. In all, God is still good. Nice one Omotola.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact Tola, tears welled up in my eyes as I read this. The Lord be with Japan and comfort the dear one's family. The Lord does send solitary into families Psalm 68:6(NKJV)
    When things like this happen, I ask myself, young lady, what are you really chasing? what is your priority? iLike that song too helped me through some tough times. (yeah i know you know already lol! Couldn't resist!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am sincerely sorry for your loss..like you said, he had gone to be with our creator, to celebrate with the angels, that should be your 'comfort'.

    There are lot of signs indicating endtime, just like Jesus said, ALL THESE THINGS SHALL PASS, THEN HE WOULD APPEAR IN HIS GLORY, WE SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID BUT STAND FIRM IN THIS WORDS.

    May the souls of the departed rest in peace..amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. I don't know how I offended Google Chrome. To comment na wahala.
    Anonymous: Amen. I agree 100%
    Sisi Yemmie: May we prepare by God's strength, Amen.
    Funke: Amen. True, we need to prioritise effectively.
    Ibhade: It hurts. I just pray for his nuclear family. May God help us to stand firm. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have no choice but to trust God oh! That Dude is completely in charge. Sorry about your friend. He knows why, and He'll give you the strength to go through it.

    I love the way you write btw

    Adiya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a lot Adiya. I'm learning to trust Him since I have no choice. I agree. Amen and his family too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment