What Do You Expect in Return?

Hello People
How was last week for you?
The weekend?
And Monday?
Hope February has been good so far. 
Just a week to February's end. 
Imagine that!!!

Na wa for you o. This relationship is very one-sided. How can I bear my heart out to you in last week's post and I even went ahead to tell you those 3 words "I love you" and you didn't even reply? Chai!!!

I am so sorry for the errors in last week's post. Like I said earlier, it was a very busy week for me so while proof reading, I missed correcting a number of proper words, phrases and sentences. My English teachers won't have been proud of me. Maybe that is even why you didn't take my love seriously sef. Well, I have reviewed it again and corrected the errors.

When someone tells another person "ese" (means 'thank you' in Yoruba)" after an action is done or a gift is given, the typical response people give is "ko t'ope" (which means 'my action is not worth the thanks' in Yoruba too). Is that really true?

As human beings, can we do anything without expecting "thank you" and/or some form of reciprocation?

If you give an Uber driver a tip, are you automatically expecting a 5* rating as a passenger from him?
If you helped that lady, would you take offence if she didn't greet you the following day or carry your bag for you?
If your dropped off a domestic staff on Friday, do you expect him to wash your car on Monday?
Or does lending your friend money mean that they must give you too when you are broke?
What really prompts you to be good?
What makes you want to help others?

Is it because you see the genuine need they have?
Or knowing that when you are in need, they will come back to help you?
Or you simply want to exploit them?
Or just because you are nice like that?
How would you feel assisting anyone anonymously going forward?

Honestly, I don't want to type much grammar this week.
All I am saying is that we should find genuine reasons for assisting people
And I really hope none of the reasons will be related to selfishness or self-glory or self-righteousness
Please examine yourself.

Have a wonderful week
Filled with loads of love as always, hugs and kisses
Miss Onakz... 

Comments

  1. I honestly do things/ give without expecting anything in return. Great post! It's always nice to "self-examine" every Tuesday. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great to never expect things because often times, people never meet your standards. People disappoint.
      Yay!!! Thanks for making Tuesdays special too...xxx

      Delete
  2. And whatever you do, do it as unto the Lord. Good reminder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kemi. That is the perfect phrase. Everything done is unto God because generally people sometimes don't measure up to our "reciprocity" standards.

      Delete
  3. I have this rule...do unto others as expected to be done to you..so yes, T say thank you to every kind act and expects a thank you also when I am good to someone. Like the Yoruba adage says..if you thank someone for the little they did at night, they will do a bigger one in the morning.

    I also reciprocate the kind gesture one way or the other because, as humans will do need help one day, no matter how little. For instance, in blogging world, when people visit you, you reciprocate the kind gesture.

    Even if it is prayers for the person that was kind to you, you are returning the gesture. Simply because every action gets a reaction. A woman of God once told me that not all kind acts are rewarded by GOD because of the motive behind that good gesture, since GOD reads our every motive behind every action. Some are kind to get into you to steal and destroy, so in other words, we should be vigilant and ask why this person is being good to me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quite often, people don't reciprocate based on what you have done for them. Some don't even say thank you and it used to make me very upset before.
      I try to reciprocate too but I guess I may fall short sometimes so I'm learning to cut people some slack.

      I perfectly agree with you on the blogging aspect. If you don't reciprocate, only your real life friends will know you write. You need to market yourself on blogs too.

      Hmmm, I love your last paragraph. Prayer too matters for people that have done good to you.
      Yes, the whys too really matter.

      Thank you so much as always Nitty. I always appreciate your visits.

      Delete
  4. To be honest I learnt the hard way that we should help without expecting anything in return. It helps to build your confidence in God also because he is my mentor in that area. He gives rain to the good and bad without expecting anything from us. What a God! I love you and love that you are sharing your stories to encourage us. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People disappoint regularly. Only God is our perfect example.
      I LOVE YOU TOO.
      Thank you very much for reading them...xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment