Come Back?

Hello Everyone!
How are you doing?
Hope you are well, keeping safe and sane.
I know! I know!
It has been ages and I sincerely apologise.
For very many reasons including excuses, I could not make here before today.
At some point, it was an extended writer’s block, then forgotten blogger password, or dealing with life and zero or negative motivation.
I am very sorry!

In the last few months, I have been thinking of coming back but not without something to write so let’s jump right into it, shall we? Don’t worry, I will start with a very recent story, but I still understand we need to play catch up. With a smile, I’ll just say “there is still a lot of time to do that.”

Periodically, my parents and I have conversations where I tell them about work, my plans and life generally. About 5 years ago, my Dad and I had one of those talks. I told him about the certifications I needed to write, the readings I needed to do and all that cool stuff. From time to time, He would ask me when I wanted to start reading to write the exams. I always gave an excuse or just mumbled stuff. I am sure he got tired of asking as years passed. He just wanted me to tell him when I was ready.

Imagine my Dad's joy when the lockdown started, and I told my parents I was thinking writing those exams again.
“How is preparation going?” became a response to every “Good Morning Daddy”.
At some point, fear got the better part of me and I told them plainly that I didn’t think I was ready. Every single time I gave my Dad that response, he always said “I know you can do it. You only need to prepare.” Mrs Onaks also gave me her own strong affirmations. "You are intelligent" she said a number of times. And with their motivation, I scheduled the exam for May 1st. However as at April 25th, I had not completed my readings talk less of revising so I had thought to just cancel the scheduled exam since I could give the exam body only 24 hours’ notice before I cancelled.

Waking up on April 27, I had made up my mind to cancel and so after my usual “Good Morning Daddy” and his usual readiness response, I went on tell him I had decided to cancel.
“Why?” He asked.
“Because I am not ready” I answered.
“But you still have time if you started preparing now.” He also gave a lot of other validations and motivational words, I said okay and left his room. By Monday afternoon, all that Daddy said was on my mind. How I could do it. How if I studied now, I would pass. 

Every fear of failure began to break. Bit by bit, every doubt began to give way. The materials started calling my full name and just like that, I began to study. Page by page, material by material. On Friday morning, woke up again to his encouragement and validations. Special and extra motivation for the big day.

Guess who took the test on Friday night and I passed?
Immediately I ran out of the room after getting the congratulatory message on the screen, guess who the first person I saw was? It was my Daddy!
“Daddy, I passed!!!”
“Ohhhhhhh, congratulations” with a huge hug came his response.

Now thinking about the entire situation again, I am beginning to think of God too.
A Father that has written a thousand and one things about us in His word. A God who validates His children constantly. Whispering words of life to them and even lives in them to achieve all that He has planned for them. Just to write a few:
“I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.”
Philippians 4: 13 (Good News Translation)

“No, in all these things we have complete victory through him who loved us!”
Romans 8: 37 (Good News Translation)

If you are like me, you will need a lot of these validations. I mean of recent; I think I have needed a form of validation every single day. I mean sometimes, even getting out of bed requires a whole lot of motivation and positive thoughts.

How then do we respond to these validations and encouragement He has promised us?
“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
1 Peter 5:7 (New International Version)

Maybe I need to tell you stories of some of those days.
Hmmmmm, hopefully, I won’t leave it too long again.

Have a wonderful week filled with loads of hugs, love and kisses.
Miss Onakz… 

Comments

  1. Beautifully written. Congratulations on crushing the Certification exam. I am the only black person on a team of about twenty people. These days I find myself facilitating various meetings and while I'd just like to excuse myself sometimes and duck under the covers, I have to constantly go to God and let his words soak my spirit and strengthen me.
    We all need that validation from our heavenly father.
    Thanks, daddy Onaks for the constant validation and encouragement. God bless all the super dads out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waooo! Lovely write up, I'm motivated no . I have an online course I've been struggling to finish since this lock down started. I'm motivated to get it done now. Thanks Onaks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment