For Very Good Use

Hello My People
How are you doing?
Yes, we are here again.
How sweet!
How has your week been?
Hope you weren't too hard on yourself and on others.

Before we start, my friend wrote a series on her blog that had my emotions in all sorts of directions. Please read if you enjoy fictions on family, life and loving. The link is A writer's Haven. I enjoyed every week of reading. 

A few weeks ago, I bought a new skipping (jump) rope.
When I got home, I kinda liked the pristine packaging.
Upon opening it, I loved the feel and the smoothness of the rope.
Should I use it or just keep it as part of my fitness stuff?
If I skip with it, with time I would see the signs of ageing/use on it.
I mean, the rope will scrape the floor and won't be as smooth as new. It may even snap at some point from continuous use.
But on the other hand, I may be leaner, fitter and faster over time with regular use.
In this dilemma, what do you suggest I do?

You see, that is how faith is supposed to be to us.
Should we fight the devil, establish the will of God and get things we really need/want or should we just have it as a nice new shield? A beautiful accessory for Christians?

"At all times carry faith as a shield; for with it you will be able to put out all the burning arrows shot by the Evil One."
Ephesians 6: 16 (Good News Translation)

Imagine you saw a packaged, shiny, polished piece of metal on a random day.
Don't you think it would be beautiful?
No cracks nor dents, but faith isn't meant to be that packaged.
It is supposed to be carried (used) regularly.
Honestly speaking, sometimes I don't want to use faith anymore.
I mean, I didn't want to get my hopes high but I still want good things to happen.

But now, I am getting a sense that it's time to use my faith or dare I say use faith again.
I am now bringing them out of my thinking and wishing. 
I intend to just use faith for them.
So I'll urge you now, "Please put your faith to use (again)!!!"

Have a beautiful weekend.
Loads of love, hugs and kisses
Miss Onakz

Comments

  1. Issa tough one. I know I have shelved my faith a lot of times so that *still in good condition/not thoroughly used* look puts me in my feels. Trying to work on exercising faith (exercising being the key word).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm. I can relate. The yoyoing of our emotions all over the place especially when it seems our faith doesn't seem to be working or so we think. Yet, we must fight the good fight of faith. We can fight in our strength without peace or we can fight from a place of rest in the loving arms of the One who has loved us with an everlasting love. As we use our faith, let's also enter into rest. That all things are ours. Delay doesn't mean denial.
    Ciao!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment