Times, Plans and Paths

Hello My Very Dear People
I’m here this morning and very joyful to be able to write. 
Can we just ignore any excuse and focus on enjoying ourselves this bright Monday morning and maybe tomorrow morning, and perhaps this entire week.
How are you really really doing?
Feeling good?
What’s been happening with you?

Let’s just start with a story of what happened to me yesterday afternoon. 
Yesterday, I had an appointment for 2pm. Thankfully, my brain & my body agreed so I didn’t take my usual nap after church. Got home from church, ate, did the necessary and looking at the time, I decided that I could accommodate something else before my 2pm appointment. So, I quickly started my afternoon and made it to my first stop. Mind you, I still had very good time. 

You can see that I wrote that there was still good time, right? But with my knowledge of Lagos navigation and in the quest to get to my destination faster, I decided to link through streets hoping that I will beat the 5 mins traffic I saw on the way. I then started following the car in front of me. Guess what happened? The car made a left turn, a right turn then started parking. Oh my goodness! He has arrived at his own destination and I was hoping he would lead me to mine. 

Making a U-turn, I started to be my own map. Took my turns but everywhere was seeming like a dead end. After a few minutes, I decided to ask someone & guess what, she took me right back. Through that exact road I was avoiding, the very same traffic I wanted to bypass. This must have been about 10/12 minutes later and guess what? I still had to sit in the through that traffic and ended up getting to my destination after 2pm. Thankfully, what I wanted to watch didn’t start on time, but you can imagine how I felt after everything. 

What are the things you have carefully planned?
Great plans, right?
How about your execution?
Do you sometimes want to take detours because you think you’ll get to your destination faster or you can make more money or it will just make you seem smart?

What plans has God laid in your heart?
What detours are you making for yourself?

As you go into this week, please enjoy one of my favourite hymns. 


Loads of warmth (to my folks in winter), love, hugs and kisses,
Miss Onakz...xxx

Comments

Post a Comment