Just A Moment To Understand

Hello People
How are you doing?
It’s been a longgggg time, right?
Should I apologise again or you are tired so I should get on with what I have to say?
Well, let me be the good child that my parents raised me to be.
I am very sorry I haven’t been writing consistently this year.
Work is fine and life is good for me. Thanks for thinking about me.
I hope you have been very well too.

I am feeling very glad writing this post today.
You can’t honestly imagine.
I had notes since the beginning of August but I just couldn’t get around to writing a post.
So being here today has me smiling and excited.

What should we talk about?
Any takes?
Any ideas?
Any suggestions?

When you pray, do you listen to yourself?
Do you understand what exactly you are praying for?
When you praise God, do you really understand what you are saying or the lyrics are just interesting and the beats are great?
Is praise and worship about the drums, musical instruments and good rhymes?
Do you understand some of the Christian words you speak and actions you carry out?

Of late, I noticed that I engaged in some of these activities without having any personal understanding of the words and expressions used. It's praise and worship time so guess what? I just sing along and dance to the melody without an understanding of the words of the song. Prayer time also, I hear some prayer points and just begin to recite them without even understanding what the person leading is saying. Bible study too requires some level of understanding for own spiritual growth. Sometimes, we ourselves need to understand what we are doing before we can fully engage in the benefits of the activities we are carrying out. Soundness of mind is required for Christianity too. We need to evaluate our own thoughts and actions.

As you continue your activities this week, please be very mindful of every activity you engage in. The songs you sing while praising God, the prayers you make in your quiet time. You may just find new insights just by paying attention to the "regular" activites you carry out.

Have a wonderful week.
Loads of love, fun, hugs and kisses,
Miss Onakz...

Comments

  1. Hmmm.. We can't afford to do things mindlessly anymore! It's time to live deliberately! Thank you for this reminder Miss Onakz. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Debbie. Relationships, even with God has to be very deliberate.

      Delete
  2. Jude 20, 21: "But ye, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God ..."

    The Holy Spirit is here to make everything alive in Christianity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, He is. What an intentional, amazing, inspiring and trusted partner He is.
      Thank you so much David Brown.

      Delete
  3. Hello Sistah, stopping by to say thank you for always visiting and celebrating with me. Now, that I am done with school, hopefully I will be going on blog runs. Just continue to write whatever the Spirit lays in your heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment