Are there Still Enemies in Abundance?

Hello People
How are you doing?
How was your week?
In fact, how have you been since Easter?
Hope everything has been going on really well.
I expect that by now, you have already finished reading your Psalm 23 verses 5 and 6. 
Will you share something new you learnt from reading those verses?

Before we go into the main post for today, let me first take out this sentence to apologise for not writing here since Easter. I went on holiday at Easter and I needed to sort out myself after overly enjoying the holiday. I was in Morocco for a few days and it is a really beautiful country. Without too much grammar, let me just leave you with this picture from my holiday.

We have 2 outstanding verses in Psalm 23. For today, let us read verse 5 in 3 bible versions.
"Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over."
Psalm 23: 5 (King James Version)

"You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings."
Psalm 23: 5 (New Living Translation)

"You prepare a banquet for me, where all my enemies can see me; you welcome me as an honored guest and fill my cup to the brim."
Psalm 23: 5 (Good News Translation)

Should I make a confession to you? Understanding this verse was a bit tricky for me, that was also another reason why I did not post anything since. You see, I am the Christian that focuses more on the relationship I have with my Father, the love He has for me and the power He has over everything so I never really put enemies into any equation. I never give them authority/credit over anything that happens to me. Whenever I go through any situation, I simply believe that it is the will of God because the bible in Jeremiah 29: 11 "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." (King James Version). So imagine trying to understand how enemies now came to find themselves in Psalm 23:5.

Anyway, let us first define the word. Maybe we will get better understanding while at it. 
Enemy: (noun) a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something 
                          or a thing that harms or weakens something else.

This therefore means that the bible acknowledges that sometimes a person or a thing can be actively opposed to or be hostile to us or try to cause us harm or weaken us. Putting that entire verse in context now, it means that even when we go through difficult situations or we interact with difficult people who are really against us and want to be hurt us, God will still cause us to leave that situation triumphing in His lavish goodness.

Can you now think of times that it has felt very draining having the enemy around? Guess what he/she/it can do nothing because even in their presence, we still enjoy God's feasts.
He even anoints you in that same verse and causes your cup to overflow. A feast, a dinner table or a banquet is not only filled with abundant food, ladies and gentlemen. It is also filled with exotic drinks, beautiful table cover, nice dinning set, candles, napkins and anything you think should be on an expensive table.

Now I understand that verse means that He satisfies me with EVERYTHING I need and want even when there are things or people that may want to sabotage.

As you go into this weekend, 
Remember that even with weeds on the farms, we have abundant harvest.
Despite droughts, we have fountains.
Even with enemies, we still live in God's abundance.

Focus on the awesomeness and abundance of our Father and all He has in store for you 
Give no priority to the enemies that will see you shine.
Have a splendid weekend,
Loads of hugs, love and kisses,
Miss Onakz... 

Comments

  1. Yep. He prepares a table before us in the presence of our enemies. Thank you for putting out this reminder. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Debbie...xxx

      Delete
  2. Awww you went to Morocco .that picture is beautiful. I think the topic of abundance in God is something I am yet to fully comprehend myself. That is given the fullness of life I have now there is MORE . It's so humbling yet so exciting that with God, there is so much bountifulness .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did and it is really a beautiful place.
      God's abundance is really in comprehensive.
      Thank you so much Funke...xxx

      Delete

Post a Comment