My Way of Saying "Thank You"...


It’s still Christmas season so I've got every right to wish you a very merry Christmas although it's coming one day late (covers face a bit).

Merry Christmas friends, hope you had a really nice one. Let me give you the sneak peek of my 2012 Christmas. This one was the best I’ve had in a longggggggg while. Started the day in the usual family tradition with prayers and all, and then moved on to the main celebration of the day. Wow, I haven’t danced that much since forever. I couldn’t get out of bed till about mid-day today. Anyway, I’m now looking forward to better days in 2013 by God’s grace so I’ve got to improve on those dancing steps.

I just wanted to use this opportunity to thank all my readers and welcome my new followers. I really can’t describe the excitement I feel when I see a new follower. Thanks a trillion, I really appreciate. I am also very grateful for messages I get, telling me how much this blog has been an inspiration. I"m really humbled by them (can’t go mentioning names here, but I remember them all). May God sort out all of us according to His will and make us vessels for His glory in Jesus name, Amen.

Blogging, particularly in 2012 taught me a few lessons. A number of these lessons are listed below:
  • We all (individually) have a gospel to preach. No one whether black, white, tall, short, fat or thin is super -human.  We therefore gain experiences that benefit others provided we learn and talk about them. A number of posts I wrote about how I felt regarding certain issues were not because I was better experienced, but rather because I felt release writing about them. Blogging is an opportunity to give of yourself, your experiences and your thoughts.
  • We thrive on feedback. It is amazing how words like “I think your post was really nice” or “You wrote about what I was experiencing” can make your day. I’ve felt my legs leave the ground a number of times when I get these messages.
  • Blogger is a community you have to create time for. To enjoy the full benefits of the blogging community, you have to make adequate time to visit other blogs and make sensible comments. That’s the major way to tell your neighbours you now live in their area and you do have an open house party regularly. I’m really guilty of not doing this. Hoping to get better in 2013 though (for some years now, I’ve set this as a goal but I still see no improvement).
  • Someone somewhere really directs. There is no better way to put it than say inspiration really and truly comes from God. He gives experiences, news, stories and thoughts for you to write or talk about. Not necessarily because you are perfect, but rather because you learn from them and are open about them. In fact, when it comes to my relationship with God, I can say I’m a chief naughty child, a lot of times disobedient and quite often self-pleasing. But all the same, I just want Him to use me in ways that I can’t explain to do things that will help me mature, please Him solely and benefit my family, friends and community.

As 2012 ends, I pray that God will direct our paths, lead us in very green pastures and show up for us in areas that seem difficult and/or impossible. May we find help from His wings and as we give of ourself in 2013, may all our experiences be filled with joy in the end and worth sharing with the world.

Have a beautiful year end and an attractive 2013…xxx

Comments

  1. Thank you to you too Ma'm. Have blissful 2013.

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it... merrry christmas Miss Onaks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Tola. Keep blogging. Love u loads!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment