A Guy's Need, A Lady's Want

UNDERSTANDING: YOU GET IT?


In the search for companionship and marriage, we will meet tonnes and tonnes of potentials before making choices. Different personalities, classes and sizes, then you choose the him/her to last a life time. Proudly repeating the vows,

I, ____, take you, ____, to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.

Reading Esther Chapter 2, verse 14 especially: "In the evening she would go there and in the morning return to another part of the harem to the care of Shaashgaz, the king’s eunuch who was in charge of the concubines. She would not return to the king unless he was pleased with her and summoned her by name" (New International Version). All through that night, the girl was supposed to make a very important impression and perform duties that would make her worthy of returning because she was remembered by name. She was supposed to compete with a number of other equally as beautiful or even prettier girls and act like it's really nothing. If she failed the name test, she's taken to another part of the house (relegated, forgotten or just used for the King's pleasure).

Dates are really significant aspects of relationships. How much understanding do both of you have of each other? Actions, in-actions, words and thoughts? Amazing times together having lunches, dinners, hanging out, partying and the likes. The essence of a future together, understanding each other is what makes the partnership worth every effort demanded. The marriage, the peace, the love. You don't see the future, however you believe that you understand, that because you are a team, you will do just fine. As the relationship progresses, you understand s/he much more than you imagine and s/he will proudly call you by name simply because s/he just gets you. Gets the package, the process and the product.

I always respect this quote whenever I hear or see it: "I love my partner more now, than I ever did 5 years/(depending on how long the relationship has been) ago. It simply tells me that with understanding, the person has taken time to know and live with their partner. Although sometimes very difficult, understanding helps...

Comments

  1. thank u so much.. keep writing ooo..

    love.. doluwa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this write up...I actually fall in the category of those who love their wives better than when they first met them(been married for 4 years).

    I also couldn't help noticing the quote you gave above:

    "I, ____, take you, ____, to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life."

    I've come to understand that this quote is somehow not biblical; there's no where that its said this way and as a result churches that have come to understand it better now say it as "in good and better times...in health and in healthier times...for better and for best" because whatever we say is what we get...and the expectation of the righteous shall not be cut off.

    Just felt I should share.

    Thanks once again for thie write up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! Congrats for 4 years. May you celebrate many more years together in Jesus name.

      Thanks a lot for your quote. I think different people have been/will be able to adapt whichever they please. A wonderful marriage is everyone's prayer still.

      Thanks a lot for coming

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing....Miss Onakz I really like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment